Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

[Green CAC Update] Grade Posted for my Rainbow Toned Seated Liberty Dime with a TrueView

KyleKyle Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 22, 2017 2:22PM in U.S. Coin Forum

This was purchased raw a couple of months ago and the grade just posted today. I'm really glad I decided to get the TrueView on this one, as I would never have been able to capture the toning well enough to do the coin justice. The coin graded MS-64+ which is one of only 5 coins of this date/mm to get the plus at the 64 level. Don't give up on raw coins, there are still great ones out there waiting to be found.

Thanks, @BustHalfBrian for letting me get in on your submission.

Link to High-Res image for those interested.

Successful BST Transactions With: tonedase, streg2, airplanenut, coindeuce, vibr0nic, natetrook, Shrub68, golden, Lakesammman, drddm, Ilikecolor, CoinJunkie, wondercoin, lablover

Comments

• Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats!
    She's a real beauty.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't give up on raw coins, there are still great ones out there waiting to be found.

I have always wondered why some insist that "if it ain't slabbed there must be a reason" when there are many raw coins available, problem free raw coins across the realm of issues. I applaud you for stepping up and buying this one. keep up the search, for while there are still plenty of raw coins available the supply is shrinking with each passing year.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice early die cracks on the reverse..... Great find.... I agree with Al....there are plenty of raw coins out there... so many casual collectors do not know about TPG's and/or do not care.... They have Grandpa's collection or coins from an Uncle.. etc., etc., etc..... Definitely treasures to be found.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a pretty coin!

• Options
    clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a real beaut! Congrats.

MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • Options
    VoyageurVoyageur Posts: 351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great Job ~ She is a beauty indeed !

Dan Fan
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,817 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really pretty my coin brother. I like it a lot.
    Congratulations on such a nice
    piece

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice.

• Options
    PaleElfPaleElf Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

Very photogenic!

• Options
    CyndieChildressCyndieChildress Posts: 429 ✭✭✭

Wow - Great score, Congratulations.!.!

• Options
    basetsbbasetsb Posts: 508 ✭✭✭✭

Truly a superior coin.

@basetsb_coins on Instagram

• Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love it! Let me know when you get sick of it!

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow - that is super nice!

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options

Thanks, Everyone.

Successful BST Transactions With: tonedase, streg2, airplanenut, coindeuce, vibr0nic, natetrook, Shrub68, golden, Lakesammman, drddm, Ilikecolor, CoinJunkie, wondercoin, lablover
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think she is a gem!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    chiniu1976chiniu1976 Posts: 165 ✭✭

a wonderful addition, when sign up for the trueview, do you get the picture along with coin from PCGS?????

:) new to BST positive transactions with au and ag, j dimick, Pandavab, messcrew

• Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭

Purdy

• Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

@chiniu1976 said:
    a wonderful addition, when sign up for the trueview, do you get the picture along with coin from PCGS?????

Lol, always trying to get everything for free...
    Beware the chiniu...

keceph `anah
  • Options

It's no Roosevelt dime, but I still like it and CAC does too.

• Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭✭✭

Much nicer than Roosevelt dimes.

Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options
    MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭

Just seeing this thread for the first time. What' a great coin & even better find if purchased raw (and presumably at a good price!).

Thanks for sharing....Mike

Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.
  • Options

@MikeInFL said:
    Just seeing this thread for the first time. What' a great coin & even better find if purchased raw (and presumably at a good price!).

Thanks for sharing....Mike

Thanks, Mike.

I jumped on this one when I seen it listed for sale.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file