Home Metal Detecting
Options

Bad news for me....

AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Aging is not the simplest thing to happen. Just got back from the Doc and was told that metal detecting (repetitive motion) on my shoulder is a no go. So, that's it folks, relegated to eyeball searching and using a pin pointer. With the hell I went through before the surgery there is no way I'm going to go through that again and the arthritis is still there and just waiting for me to screw up. So, here's the last detector finds:
bob
"http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r213/auandag/IMG_0939.jpg" border="0" alt=" photo IMG_0939.jpg"/> "photo IMG_0939.jpg")

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com

Comments

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's pretty good for your last time out. It's bad when you can't get out for several days or a week or so because of weather or whatever. It's difficult to think that you have to stop period. :(

• Options

Yes, i'm bummed. Not a good day for nugget searching.....new hobby anyone?

bob

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

LOL, I've done that and it does sound good.......anything to get out in the desert! Now what do I do with my "favorite" locations for nuggets? Do I just put it on the board (long and lat) or keep it for the grand kids? I'm thinking of going out an looking for semi precious stones. That might be fun.
    bob:)

• Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry to hear that but nice finds though! Did you ever look into getting a sling like one of the members suggested?

• Options

I did and have not ruled out the harness system. It's still on my list to try one out at the shop if I can find one that carries it. I will, just takes time. But, until then.......well we'll see.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey Bob... I have tried the sling (at a shop in WA)... it really works well... of course, once you get one, take it in to your Doctor to show him.... You want to be certain...The one I tried (kept it on and swinging for twenty minutes) was great and no strain at all... I did not need one, but wanted to see how it worked for future reference. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    basetsbbasetsb Posts: 508 ✭✭✭✭

Perhaps you can swing the detector with your other hand??

@basetsb_coins on Instagram

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome find and sorry to hear about you not detecting anymore. I hope you find a way to still do some nugget hunting.

Get a little jeep or smaller ORV and attach a high end gold detecting coil on the front.

Bring out an intern to teach your knowledge , or hire a day laborer.

I am just getting into nugget hunting (still have not bought the detector ) but hope to have as much luck as you have had.

• Options

@basetsb said:
    Perhaps you can swing the detector with your other hand??

Not an option as that shoulder needs surgery too. Both had/have the same problem and both need the same solution. Arthritis is a bit*h.
    bob

• Options

@ErrorsOnCoins said:
    Awesome find and sorry to hear about you not detecting anymore. I hope you find a way to still do some nugget hunting.

Get a little jeep or smaller ORV and attach a high end gold detecting coil on the front.

Bring out an intern to teach your knowledge , or hire a day laborer.

I am just getting into nugget hunting (still have not bought the detector ) but hope to have as much luck as you have had.

I have thought about building a tow behind detector but doubt that I ever will. Too many variables and too much expense for my pocketbook.

I will find the right solution and will get into it wholeheartedly for sure. Just exploring the options and like Ricko says the harness might be the solution!

bob

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AUandAG
    Bob, I for one have always looked forward to your detecting find posts ever since I discovered this thread.
    Thanks so much and take care of yourself. :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options

Give the harness a try Bob.... I found it took all the weight off the shoulder and allowed the hand/forearm to just do the swinging...Kellyco and Minelab have a couple of versions... for your case, I recommend the full outfit... best to be on the safe side and buy once... Cheers, RickO

• Options

will do ricko

bob

• Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, try using the other arm. That's what I do.

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, sorry I just saw both shoulders are a no go. Well, I take MSM , fish oil and Tumeric and has worked wonders with my hands and knees ( over use ) + rest. Best wishes. Find a young wipper snaper and guide him along.

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options

@AUandAG said:
    Yes, i'm bummed. Not a good day for nugget searching.....new hobby anyone?

bob

I have mentioned this in the past. I'm 83 years old and although my hunting days are not at a total end, I don't get out much anymore. I took up a new hobby. I started writing books. I have two published, a third one at the publishers with a fourth one about half way done. It has turned into fun. I never knew I had it in me.

Hello ricko...

• Options

Hmm, my kids say I should write.....Haven't given it much thought, yet.

We'll see..

• Options

Hi Ken.... What a great new pursuit.... I have long toyed with the idea of writing a book.... getting started is the issue.... so many things to do, I need to cut back on activity in my now advanced years... ;) Cheers, RickO