Home U.S. Coin Forum

Coin Shows this weekend. Who's going?

CoinZipCoinZip Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭

We added a new feature to the Coin Show pages in April 2017..... This new feature allows members to write a coin show reports and upload photos if they want. To write a report go to the page for the show and click on the button

">

Coin Club Benefit auctions ..... View the Lots

Comments

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sadly, Not I :angry:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,871 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oklahoma City this weekend...Saturday morning visit anticipated.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...
  • morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't wait. We will be set up in Oklahoma City.

Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭✭✭

Scarsdale Coin heads to New England this weekend... Manchester New Hampshire is now the biggest multiple day coin show in all of New England and a very well run event.... If you have never been please think about coming bye and saying hello... lots of NEWPS from CS this past weekend plus as always a huge pile of FREE candy if you are looking to satisfy your sweet tooth along with your coin tooth....

Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

Going to do my local, just down the street, "Anaheim - North County Monthly Coin Show".

For other locals:
    I think this show may be on the up-swing again. In my "early days" of collecting, this was a Must Go show. But more recently, it had deteriorated so much, it wasn't worth gas money to go. I believe it's under new management now. So last month, when the Pasadena show was going on at the same time, I found it to be rather well populated with dealers, and enjoyed my hour or so there. (It's not HUGE).

I'm hoping that there will be even more dealers and variety this month, with nothing else going on. Worth a trip, I think.

Easily distracted Type Collector
  • basetsbbasetsb Posts: 508 ✭✭✭✭

There's a show in Hammond, LA that I don't see listed here. I will be attending that show.

@basetsb_coins on Instagram

• JJSingletonJJSingleton Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭✭✭

I might run down to ATL (Mayretta) for a couple of hours.

Joseph J. Singleton - First Superintendent of the U.S. Branch Mint in Dahlonega Georgia

Findley Ridge Collection
    About Findley Ridge

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good old Fremont, Nebraska. I'll see someone there that I know. Maybe I'll post something I find there. Let's make a habit of doing this.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

one of the ct shows would suit me just fine.

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,871 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ANACSPAUL said:
    What a great list!! ANACS will be set up in Manchester, Richmond, Norwich, and Sacramento (Saturday only) plus, Indianapolis.

CoinZip website indicates that ANACS will be in OKC as well this weekend;

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...
  • tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JJSingleton said:
    I might run down to ATL (Mayretta) for a couple of hours.

Me too! Usually a good turnout for a monthly show. Two or three regulars I always visit with.

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• USMarine6USMarine6 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm hoping to make it to Manchester but these darn kids of mine are gonna make it tough. T ball and kids birthday parties are gonna make it tough

• TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

@USMarine6 said:
    I'm hoping to make it to Manchester but these darn kids of mine are gonna make it tough. T ball and kids birthday parties are gonna make it tough

No excuse. On my only day off, I may sneak out to the show in Long island after preparing the breakfast and rush back home to bring the kiddies to a festival before lunch. lol

• RPM2RPM2 Posts: 91 ✭✭✭

Knoxville

Rob
  • DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for posting this. It's a great service .

• AMRCAMRC Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am setting up at North County in California. First time.

MLAeBayNumismatics: "The greatest hobby in the world!"
  • COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

Santa Maria, CA. Hopefully selling my $20 gold double eagle.

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• kazkaz Posts: 9,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the reminder. I plan to be at the Richmond show on Saturday. very easy to get to as the hotel is literally under an I-95 overpass! Good restaurants and microbreweries close by too.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a great list each week.... reminds me to request a show report from all attendees.... ;) Cheers, RickO

• unclebobunclebob Posts: 433 ✭✭✭

Midlands Coin Club Spring Show in Columbia, SC has a show this weekend.

I think they have 30 tables.

I'm torn.

Trying to save up for the FUN Show in July.

It's a long haul, but I may go just for the excuse of avoiding a neighborhood Derby Party.

In the past there friendly local collectors moving stuff at affordable prices.

• gtstanggtstang Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭✭✭

Going to try and make it to the Richmond show.

• COINS MAKE CENTSCOINS MAKE CENTS Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

We will be set up at the Richmond show like always. If you come in stop by and say hi. Always like to meet forum members

New inventory added daily at Coins Make Cents
    HAPPY COLLECTING

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

Moose Lodge in Pekin IL on the 7th

Collector, occasional seller

• cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭✭✭

For once, I'm actually not going to a coin show this weekend.

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Great website! Its strangely hard to find info on shows.

Avid Collector of Early US Type Coins.
  • OKbustchaserOKbustchaser Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll be at the ONA today and tomorrow. Come on by...you can't miss me...I'll be the old, fat, white guy.

Just because I'm old doesn't mean I don't love to look at a pretty bust.
  • nencoinnencoin Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭

Brian and Tom will be at the Manchester show. Please stop by!

• TheRavenTheRaven Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭✭

I will be at the Fariview Park (Cleveland westside) show Sunday.

Probably will be there with my 5 year old son, who will be looking for a Steel Penny.

Collection under construction: VG Barber Quarters & Halves
  • morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OKbustchaser said:
    I'll be at the ONA today and tomorrow. Come on by...you can't miss me...I'll be the old, fat, white guy.

I must have missed you today. :D

Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hershey Coin Club, Inc. Annual Coin Show

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 7, 2017 4:41PM

@TommyType said:
    Going to do my local, just down the street, "Anaheim - North County Monthly Coin Show".

For other locals:
    I think this show may be on the up-swing again. In my "early days" of collecting, this was a Must Go show. But more recently, it had deteriorated so much, it wasn't worth gas money to go. I believe it's under new management now. So last month, when the Pasadena show was going on at the same time, I found it to be rather well populated with dealers, and enjoyed my hour or so there. (It's not HUGE).

I'm hoping that there will be even more dealers and variety this month, with nothing else going on. Worth a trip, I think.

Apparently, my unsolicited support for my "most local" show bought me some good Karma!

I got there about 5 minutes before noon, and after paying my $1 entry fee, I was told I was "Just on time...the next drawing in in a few minutes!"

You guessed it.....I won. 2001 Proof American Eagle, in mint packaging.

(And the show really is looking up. I dropped some cash on an 1830 Bustie, and 1937s Walker. Well worth my time).

Easily distracted Type Collector
  • ldhairldhair Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was at the ONA show for several hours on Saturday. Had a great time. I probably talked with some of you there.

Larry

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file