Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

May pickups- Let's see them!

Comments

• Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got this a few days ago but didn't scan it til today so it counts for May!

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    cadets68cadets68 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    edited May 1, 2017 4:43PM

Nothing that I collect, but I got good deals. I was gone for the past 2 weeks. So this was all waiting for me when I picked up my mail today.

After those four National League games, Gorman Thomas was never the same, and neither were the Brewers, and come to think of it neither was I.

Josh Wilker - Cardboard Gods
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭

Gale Sayers looks like a kid in that card. Great stuff everyone.

• Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet 71' Ryan - congrats!!

• Options
    Halos2002Halos2002 Posts: 135 ✭✭✭

Technically got these back last month...

• Options
    JustinsShoeboxJustinsShoebox Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

I just sent off my check today, but grabbed these two auctions from REA:

Low grade, but I love them!

Justin

• Options
    JBLJBL Posts: 35 ✭✭✭

Got my first Wagner from REA

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some nice looking cards, but that 1971 Topps Ryan is sweet. :+1::+1:

Congrats on all the pickups.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2017 7:24AM

Love the 48' Ruth - I think its one of the most iconic and undervalued cards.

Here is a modern May pickup.

[photo 2017-05-01_19.50.31 2_1.jpg]

[photo 2017-05-01_19.52.03.jpg]

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

beautiful Ruth

congrats

Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love the Anson cards! I collect Vintage but will also buy modern to crack open with the family. Grabbed a pair of Bowman Chrome jumbo boxes and busted them open - pulled one of these autos from each box. Talk about crazy.

• Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

En route:

• Options
    slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

picked these ones up. the lindros from a pack and the game used from ebay and the patch from a vintage clothing store for $3

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭✭✭

First wacky of the month!

• Options

Some nice looking 1971 pickups this month - nice job guys! Won one lot in REA on Sunday and should be here next week.

KC

• Options
    RookieHOFersRookieHOFers Posts: 733 ✭✭✭

There is some wonderful pickups this month.

KC, That's a beautiful Cobb ! Congrats to you.

UFFDAH, I have never seen that Lebron before. Incredible card, thanks for sharing it. Where did you buy that from?

Maddux, Great 71 Ryan, what a spectacular card that is.

Matt
    I collect: 80’s Rookies and 86 Fleer Basketball
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

Met Colt (Allen) at the LCS. Very nice young man. Picked up this nicely centered Berra. With my old age vision if I hold the card at arms length I don't see the reason (reasons) it is a PSA 1.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    SpinFadeSplash23SpinFadeSplash23 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

Posted this in the Top 10 packs thread as well. Very happy with this pickup.

Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.
  • Options
    muffinsmuffins Posts: 469 ✭✭✭

very nice.

whos on the sticker?

• Options

Rookie - the LeBron came from PWCC.

Spin - great pack!! Congrats!

• Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

This month needs more Hockey!

Kevin

• Options
    ssdawg77ssdawg77 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭✭

A couple of these came in at the end of April and I am just getting around to scanning. The Loes gets me to 68% on my set and the rest are part of my new Heritage auto fascination.

• Options

I never really paid attention to Topps Heritage, but the cards are gorgeous. Just a great series.

Joe

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.
  • Options
    edited May 6, 2017 11:12PM

Just back from PSA today. I posted a story about this autograph if you're interested. Great cards everyone. Doug

• Options

Doug - Beautiful Mantle Auto. Congrats!!

I have been waiting to land a strong PSA 8 Jim Brown Rookie for a few years now. I finally did through PWCC and it arrived Friday. I about pee'd my pants when I first looked at it. It is super sharp!! The Black along with the rest of the print/colors are INKcredible.

In talking with Brent this card comes from a 'find' of opened wax boxes. The packs within the wax boxes were opened and then carefully put back into the original wax boxes and stored completely uncirculated until the cards were re-discovered and graded by PSA at the 2016 National Sports Collectors Convention.

[photo Jim Brown 1a.jpg]

[photo Jim Brown 2a.jpg]

• Options

Nice cards all around!!! :+1::+1:

Congrats on all the pickups.

Donato

Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 8, 2017 12:57PM

@UFFDAH said:
    Doug - Beautiful Mantle Auto. Congrats!!

I have been waiting to land a strong PSA 8 Jim Brown Rookie for a few years now. I finally did through PWCC and it arrived Friday. I about pee'd my pants when I first looked at it. It is super sharp!! The Black along with the rest of the print/colors are INKcredible.

In talking with Brent this card comes from a 'find' of opened wax boxes. The packs within the wax boxes were opened and then carefully put back into the original wax boxes and stored completely uncirculated until the cards were re-discovered and graded by PSA at the 2016 National Sports Collectors Convention.

That's a beautiful 8. It looks like the only reason it didn't grade higher is the wear at the lower right corner, which likely occurred inside the pack. Pack fresh beauty!!

• Options

Added another Mantle. First 53 Topps for me.

Joe

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet Jim Brown rookie. About as good as it gets. Well done.

• Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

Every time I come back in this thread to check out new posts I keep going back to look at the Topps Heritage. Wish they had a Hockey product like that.

Very nice looking!

Kevin

• Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet 58 Brown, it is off the charts!

Nice 53 Mantle! Great condition for the grade as you don't find many with the lower left corner in as good of shape

• Options

@maddux69 said:

Nice 53 Mantle! Great condition for the grade as you don't find many with the lower left corner in as good of shape

Thanks, that is exactly why I picked this specimen up. The red is sweet. Thanks!

Joe

• Options

@SpinFadeSplash23 said:

@maddux69 said:

Thanks, that is exactly why I picked this specimen up. The red is sweet. Thanks!

That is an awesome looking 3, and beautiful red corner - you got a great pickup there.

KC

• Options

Not even half way through the month and the cards for May are outstanding.

• Options

A couple more 52's. I didn't noticed the cut on the Jansen during the auction or I would've passed.

• Options
    MintacularMintacular Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭

That Ty Cobb is sick! As is J Brown

• Options

A few more that have come in this week.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Geez Stoney - some 52 beauties!

I'm Snider fan and don't have that card - the centering is super on all of them.

Mike
  • Options

I added this one to my 63F set.

Of interest? I was the only bidder on this Probstein auction.

Mike
  • Options
    CSUrunandstunCSUrunandstun Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

gorgeous J Brown.....and dodged a near MC on the back....

Successful transactions with FavreFan1971, ffishonn, Davemri, Publius, DavidPuddy, frcarvell, recbball, and many others...
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tremendous card Mike. Love those bright white borders and the centering appears to be nearly perfect.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    ugaskidawgugaskidawg Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

Some awesome cards everyone!

I am not a basketball person, but wanted to pick up a couple modern HOF locks. I still kick myself for not buying 86 MJs in 87 or 88. Instead spent endless amounts of allowance on Topps junk. Didn't want to spend PSA 10 money on the Harden and Curry (take away from my baseball pickups), so I picked up 9s instead. Thanks to Steve (slum22) for the sale!

Upgraded my Yaz basic set (that makes 12 upgrades to my basic set since the beginning of this year - unweighted GPA of those upgrades is 8.79)

Lastly, started a 51 Red Backs set in mid grade. Picked up this Berra...

• Options
    edited May 16, 2017 6:54PM

Great cards all around. :+1::+1:

Mike, I really like the centering on the '63 Fleer Landis, she is a beauty. :+1::+1:

Donato

• Options
    MintacularMintacular Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭
    edited May 16, 2017 6:41PM

Really like that Jim Brown. Haven't bought much for myself in the last year or two, then I saw this....Can't afford a NM one, or even and EXMT one for that matter, so forced to settle with this....

• Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭
    edited May 18, 2017 6:40PM

This card has a personal meaning to me. On the back it says Nolan was 17-2 at Greenville(SC) in 1966. I as a youngster saw most if not all games that Nolan Ryan pitched in Greenville that year. I remember he could throw it threw the backstop but was wild which made him even more effective. Still live in Greenville but the ballpark Nolan pitched in is long gone. The newest stadium has a Shoeless Joe Jackson museum next to it. Memories!

• Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    Topgun6580Topgun6580 Posts: 97 ✭✭

• Options

Added this one to my 52T collection - not doing the set - just like the cards.

Mike
  • Options

A few more Heritage autos.

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

From my case break. Just got it back from PSA

Looking for FB HOF Rookies