Home U.S. Coin Forum

Decisions decisions....

mt_mslamt_msla Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭

The irony here...

Shall I free this Peace dollar? What my cell photos do NOT show is the nice luster the coin has. IDK how to capture that.
(My photos are the next six.)

(The auction page had these two.)

Thanks for your input!

Insert witicism here. [ xxx ]

Comments

• MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those would both be classifed as culls with that color and the damage they will have. I don't think it matters really but if looking to sell them you could probably get a bit more for them the way they are right now.

• tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool, I can't believe you have to come here to ask that question when the answer is in front of your face. >:)

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

dip it and put it back.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,292 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd leave it.

Collector, occasional seller

• 3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think they are perfect as is...inside of their holders ;)

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 29, 2017 3:52PM

Dude, she looks as if she'ed been in the coal mines! is that the coal miner's daughter?

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    dip it and put it back.

I agree. Leave it in the doohickey, which is kinda neat, but dip the fugly toning off.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Leave it as is.... sell it on the BST..... It appears it would be damaged removing it from the holder... and I am sure someone would like that for their desk.... I would, it would make for some good jokes... Cheers, RickO

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,763 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with RickO, leave it as is and do what you will with it.

• rheddenrhedden Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a cool and unusual item, and one that a coin dealer might like to have on their desk. If it is possible to replace the present coin with an ordinary AU Peace dollar of the $20 variety, then do it. However, I do not think the coin shown is going to turn into an MS66 after a dip. The toning (tarnish in this case) is so heavy that the dip may leave hazy residue where the tarnish ate into the metal.

• Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

Talk about nice square rims! :)

• TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭

Leave it

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file