Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Lord Marcovan's "Eclectic Box of 20" as of April 29, 2017

Comments

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not a fan of "Dark Side" coinage, but your agglomeration has some definite merit to it...nicely done!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love it.

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nicely done - like the toning on some of the dark siders. :+1:

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 29, 2017 5:49AM

Great collection! That makes me want to get a few specimens for myself. Great pics too, who took them?

Make the trade for that Proof 3CN! The other would fit better!

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erwindoc said:
    Great collection! That makes me want to get a few specimens for myself. Great pics too, who took them?

Make the trade for that Proof 3CN! The other would fit better!

The pix are from a variety of sources. Mostly Trueviews. There are a few Photoshop-savvy folks who help me with the the templates.

Thanks.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

LordM... that is a marvelous box of twenty.... sure, many here do not collect darkside coins - however, many are so much more attractive than U.S. coins... they have much better art... You have a very impressive group there, covering a wide swath of geography. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭✭✭

What's not to love? I remember that Macedonian Perseus....I think you bought it on the BST. Wish I had been quicker...

Tom

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coins and a nice group. A neat little tour through the last couple Millennium. I would say that the pillars coin would probably fit in this set a little easier than a proof.

• Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

Very impressive Lord M (Rob). Thanks for sharing those dark side beauties!!!

References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    RockyMtnProspectorRockyMtnProspector Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fantastic group!

GSAs, OBW rolls, Seated, Walkers. Anything old and Colorado-focused, CO nationals.

Gonna get me a $50 Octagonal someday. Some. Day.
  • Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool stuff! Looks like some nice examples.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file