Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

PCGS coins suddenly not in data base

slendaslenda Posts: 57 ✭✭
edited May 2, 2017 12:18AM in U.S. Coin Forum

I owned this coin for about 10 years and now all of a sudden its an invalid cert number. Should I expect it to become valid again ? Did google search and this has happened to others. I did purchase it from a authorized PCGS dealer and never had this problem. Its a 1885 CC PCGS MS65 Morgan . Thanks .

We're sorry. That PCGS Cert Number was not found in our database. Please double check the number and try again. To speak with PCGS Customer Service, call us at 1-800-447-8848.

Comments

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭✭

This happens periodically with electronic databases. I would not worry about it too much...unless the coins actually disappeared from YOUR possession. Check back after the weekend.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes... I would call Customer Service.... could just be a data glitch..... let us know what you find out. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Peace_dollar88Peace_dollar88 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting! Would be curious to see what comes of it?

• Options
    slendaslenda Posts: 57 ✭✭

I just e-mailed info@pcgs.com and it was fixed in minutes. Glad I didn't have to make a phone call.

• Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭

@slenda said:
    I just e-mailed info@pcgs.com and it was fixed in minutes. Glad I didn't have to make a phone call.

Great customer service. I would assume they were doing some maintenance on the database, but somebody was able to poke it with a stick.

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

There must have been a glitch in the system they fixed. I replaced a coin in my set registry(haven't changed them yet) and was researching selling the coin I replaced. I did a cert verify yesterday and it showed an invalid cert number...even though it is in my registry set! Today the cert is valid again.

• Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

Running the company sounds complicated.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file