Home Metal Detecting
Options

You never know what you'll find when you're out in the city parks...

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some finds are quite unexpected and mysterious, and make you wonder what the story is...

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    zippcityzippcity Posts: 888 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 25, 2017 6:21AM

At least the one we had as a kid had walls and a half moon on the door. Makes me think about the direction this country has gone. :( nice to see you post again Lord M.

Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-
  • Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Porcelain :smile:
    Fell out of a tree house ? :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

What I see is that basketball court in the background and how much change must be along the edges of that court. Maybe trips to the pot too. :) Puts new meaning to going behind the tree.

• Options

The basketball court is brand new, though the park is reasonably old. I hunted that area just before they poured the slab for the court, since they dug out a few inches before the pour.

I got one old .32 pistol cartridge, a Vienna sausage or Beanie-Weenie can lid, a 1978 cent, and 6,000 itchy bites from bloodthirsty mosquitoes.

The item pictured above pretty much describes my luck in this park, though I believe @millennium has found silver and surprisingly old goodies here.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

A lot of rain puddles for a brand new court :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• Options

@1630Boston said:

I wouldn't have thought about that, but yeah, I guess you're right.

It was only made last year. I'm pretty sure that sidewalk in the foreground is new, too.

This park is not in Old Town like the ones I usually frequent, but it's still pretty old (early 20th century, anyway). Certainly old enough for silver, but not one of the original colonial squares laid out in 1773.

• Options

Hope you are fairly well @lordmarcovan , keep in touch :smile:

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lordmarcovan .... Glad to see you posting again... your wit and storytelling has been missed. Cheers, RickO

• Options

Thanks, ricko. Anytime you want random toilet pix, just let me know. LOL

On second thought - don't- that totally did not sound right!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

:D:D There's that marvelous sense of humor...... You surely have been missed LordM.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1630Boston said:

maybe thats why they left it there >:)

• Options

Of course, if had been lucky in my park hunting, we'd have seen something like this:

... which would've lasted approximately 3.8 seconds in that location.