Home Metal Detecting
Options

Coin Cleaning Ancient roman.

My cleaning,if some interest...in the moment i cleaning coins,and if you have some coins for cleaning,no problem to sent me pictures of coins.

numismatiks7@gmail.com

Comments

• Options

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

What method are you using?? Cheers, RickO

• Options

I use,only tools. Slow cleaning and home made tools-pins.

• Options

• Options

Very interesting.... I can see where those tools would be effective on ancient coins. and not damage them... I would not recommend their use on 'modern' coins... collectors are very sensitive to any scratch or perceived tooling marks.....On ancients, they have usually been in the ground or handled so much there is likely no effect from those fine tools. Thanks for showing us.... Cheers, RickO

• Options

Thanks for your message,in the moment i try to find some 1-2 years Job,to cleaning some coins in museum,or in Some numismatic centar :) or to cleaning for private collectors :)

• Options

@panonija77 ... Best of luck finding your position.... Let us know if you do.... I am sure you would see a lot of interesting coins... Cheers, RickO

• Options

Thanks RickO Cheers :)

• Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

"I would not recommend their use on 'modern' coins... collectors are very sensitive to any scratch or perceived tooling marks"

Yup, when I saw the picks and then the wire brush, I went OH MY!!!!!

• Options

I not cleaning modern coins :)
    and this brush,sensitive brush,not scratch coins Ancient with great patina :)

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would not have cleaned that second one- it had very nice contrasting patina.

The first and third ones turned out well, though.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

Thanks,second one i cleaning total,to show Silver patina under dirty ,but thanks Lordmarcovan :)