Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

OGP - how to remove?

How do I get this out? If I remember correctly this is from a silver bicentennial proof set.
photo eisenhower in OGP_2.jpg

Thanks,
hamster7

Comments

  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 25,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

    sharp edged knife on the side to split the two halves apart.
    bob

    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Apply heat with a hairdryer if a wedged razor blade doesn't work

    The more you VAM..
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,995 ✭✭✭✭✭

    with a hammer

  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 38,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

    the two halves have a seam on the edge. Sharp blade to pry apart.

    "Money does not care about speeches on morality. Capital asks whether the rules will remain the same tomorrow. With inflation, people assume price is the problem, and propose regulation—but price is simply the message." - Martin Armstrong

  • Options
    KellenCoinKellenCoin Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Smash ;)

    Fan of the Oxford Comma
    CCAC Representative of the General Public
    2021 Young Numismatist of the Year

  • Options

    Thanks for the tips! I had given up, but stern treatment with the Exacto knife finally prevailed.
    photo eisenhower free.jpg

    And right back into an AirTite. Too funny, but needed for my capsalbum. If I finish the album I will post it.
    photo eisenhower in airtite.jpg

    Thanks,
    hamster7
  • Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭

    looks better now!

    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211


  • Options
    abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Crack and resubmitt! PR70 in pcgs go for humongous dollars. They're as rare a hens feathers.

  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Nice looking specimen...at least the obverse... Look forward to seeing the album. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file