Home Metal Detecting
Options

It pays to check change slots of public copiers, printers

KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

These were found in 3 of the 4 machines in the public library near the high school.

Comments

• Options
    KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

From the library's scanner:

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

Always check.

• Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭

With your luck, you may want to try checking the vacuum area at public car washes. I've never tried it but if you can access the trash bags themselves from the vacuums I understand it's change galore and even some jewelry may make an appearance. Guess it's a messy job and you will find some less-than-desirable things (leave it to your imagination) but it may be worth it.

A problem is that I think a lot of car washes have these bags locked up though

• Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

@pcgs69 said:
    With your luck, you may want to try checking the vacuum area at public car washes. I've never tried it but if you can access the trash bags themselves from the vacuums I understand it's change galore and even some jewelry may make an appearance. Guess it's a messy job and you will find some less-than-desirable things (leave it to your imagination) but it may be worth it.

A problem is that I think a lot of car washes have these bags locked up though

On a related note, when I was a kid, the husband of one of my mom's friends worked in an automobile shredding plant. She said he would bring home paper grocery bags filled with change.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I did not even know that had copiers etc. at libraries...have not been in one since I was a kid....Nice pile of change... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't forget to check the pay phones.............................oh, never-mind :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date