Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Mint Error News Magazine Issue 41 Now Online!

ByersByers Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mint Error News Magazine Issue 41 Now Online!

Mike Byers
Publisher & Editor
Mint Error News Magazine
minterrornews.com

mikebyers.com Dealer in Major Mint Errors, Die Trials & Patterns - Author of NLG Best World Coin Book World's Greatest Mint Errors - Publisher & Editor of minterrornews.com.

Comments

• Options
    AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fantastic!

• Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks again for the great effort Mike, very much appreciated.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the link... always interesting - even for non-error collectors. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 10, 2017 8:33AM

Great work Mike! I always love reading Mint Error News.

A couple of thoughts:

I wasn't sure of the relationship Fred and Andy have with the publication when I saw them listed on page 4 as there is no indication on that page why they are there. Looking around, I saw page 3 does mention they are contributing editors but I had to be very curious. It might be useful for page 4 for to say something similar such as "Your Editors" or "Contributing Editors" to make it more clear.

I thought the 2000 overstrikes on statehood quarters were interesting, specifically the Sac on MD quarter and cent on NH quarter. Any thoughts on how these could have happened? Was the cent struck without a collar or using the quarter collar?

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, thanks for the link, I will take a look :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Checked it out and there is a lot of info to be had with your newsletter, I will visit it often, thanks :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    Mr Lindy Mr Lindy Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 13, 2017 10:02AM

The 2000 Sac $ struck on Maryland 25c in auction results & 2000 1c struck on 2000 NH 25c in the Fred Weinberg ad are great examples of thought provoking year 2000 US Mint errors.

I see no Cent collar marks on the US Mint made 26c piece.

@Zoins said:
    Great work Mike! I always love reading Mint Error News.

A couple of thoughts:

I wasn't sure of the relationship Fred and Andy have with the publication when I saw them listed on page 4 as there is no indication on that page why they are there. Looking around, I saw page 3 does mention they are contributing editors but I had to be very curious. It might be useful for page 4 for to say something similar such as "Your Editors" or "Contributing Editors" to make it more clear.

I thought the 2000 overstrikes on statehood quarters were interesting, specifically the Sac on MD quarter and cent on NH quarter. Any thoughts on how these could have happened? Was the cent struck without a collar or using the quarter collar?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file