Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Who's going to Pogue V tomorrow?

RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a privilege and pleasure that it was to view the lots today. Can't wait for the auction tomorrow. Whose going?

Land of the Free because of the Brave!

Comments

• Options
    CoinPhysicistCoinPhysicist Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭

Not going, but I got to hold the 1804 dollar that is being auctioned off tomorrow at Long Beach last month. It was magnificent to say the least.

Going to be interesting to see how it (among other things) does tomorrow.

Successful transactions with: wondercoin, Tetromibi, PerryHall, PlatinumDuck, JohnMaben/Pegasus Coin & Jewelry, CoinFlip, and coinlieutenant.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Should be some interesting dealings to report.... Any record sales forecasts?? Cheers, RickO

• Options
    edited March 31, 2017 1:56PM

Heading to the reception. What a beautiful venue - the Carriage House of the Evergreen House. Got to really examine the 1804 today. What a fantastic experience to be able to examine it while reading the catalogue description. It's amazing to me that Pogue is selling. Can't imagine parting w such incredible rarities. Off to new homes tonight.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

1804?

does it say "No Reserve?"

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

Correct. No reserve on any Pogue V coins. Announced a few minutes ago that collection had passed $100M w over 100 lots left. Pogue family sitting in the back - looking pretty pleased.

• Options

Amazing how much higher many of the better lots closed for relative to catalog est.

• Options
    edited March 31, 2017 6:59PM

@Raufus said:
    Correct. No reserve on any Pogue V coins. Announced a few minutes ago that collection had passed $100M w over 100 lots left. Pogue family sitting in the back - looking pretty pleased.

can you ask them to request another take 5? I'm watching on the net and am fatigued.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

Ex. Lot 5135 Full Red Beckwith 1811 Sheldon - 287. Est. $100-$135K. Hammer $420K to applause in the room. One of multiple such examples of hammer vs est.

• Options

Man is Laura active tonight!!

• Options

all the lots online show:

Estimate: $1-$1 

• Options

and I note a couple did not sell in their no reserve auction.

they may have had "no reserve" but they did not lower the opening bid and let them go unsold.

• Options

hold on

I'm registering as Pogue_V_No_Reserve_Castoffs on eBay

• Options

Auctioneer did say no reserve but indeed passed on a few recently w opening bids not met. Sure seems like a reserve to me.

I was speaking of estimates in catalog.

Just unbelievable how far over est most lots are closing at.

Likely about 40 min left.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file