Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Cherrypickers' Beware...

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,877 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 30, 2017 5:55PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Hey guy's, Don't make the same mistake that I ALMOST made! I was Picking today, hunting for the 1945 "No Initials" Walker Half. I was going through some flips of the walkers and all of a sudden, BAM, I found one. I put it aside so I continued to search for more Walker Varieties. When I was ready to leave and pay for my Cherry, I decided to take one more glance at the reverse. Well, It's a good thing I did. My latter glance had me discover it wasn't a 1945P but a 1945s. Even though the flip was titled, 1945p. So I placed it back in the album. Probably just saved myself about $30. So remember to always check the whole coin out despite it reading something else on the flip! I would have made another mistake in buying a Common. but the only thing that I was thinking about is the fact that, "Wait, that 1945s No Initials might be something as well?" Regardless, of it not being listed in the Cherrypickers' Guide? Maybe, I'll go back tomorrow and repurchase it? What do you guys think I should do? Thanks in Advance-joey :)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Live and learn @joeykoins , I learn something most every time that you post :smile: Thanks

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

been there, done that. more times than i care to count. can't see the forest for the trees kinda of a thing. ugh.

please use paragraph breaks, those big lumps of text are hard on these 'ol eyes.

thanks and God bless.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep... always take a second, and third look....however, if you walk away between looks... it may not be there when you get back..... I know from experience.. :'( Cheers, RickO

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Known" varieties are are nice to find. "Unknown" varieties are an awesome find!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

@oih82w8 said:
    "Known" varieties are are nice to find. "Unknown" varieties are an awesome find!

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad you caught it. I just picked a '72 type 2 Ike on Tuesday from a bin of loose ones that I THOUGHT could go 65, until I got it home and noticed the very light scratch across the obverse...

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options
    RollermanRollerman Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭✭✭

The worst mistake I ever made that way was at an auction and I needed a Seated Liberty Dime. I found one I really liked and started bidding. My coin buddy said, "You didn't know you needed the half dime too?" Douh! No, I didn't. Luckily, some one out bid me and I saved myself a couple of hundred bucks.
    Pete

"Ain't None of Them play like him (Bix Beiderbecke) Yet."
    Louis Armstrong

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file