Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Small but powerful 60x Lighted loop you will love, just $2.28 with free shipping on eBay

TexastTexast Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/252694633942

This is an amazingly powerful loop / scope Tha you will love, I bought this on a whim, then when I got it I could not believe the quality. If you're a VAM Collector, or looking for repunched mint marks or any thing you want to examine closely you will want several of these. Just take a look, it's about an inch and a half long, comes in a nice pouch and I was surprised I got it in less than two weeks from China. These could sell for $25 retail in the U.S. one note, it shows it being clipped to a cellphone camera lenses but it didn't include a clip.
Just passing on a great find. It's lighted by two Bright LED'S and also has a black light which is great for viewing Watermarks and other security features.
Buy one for a friend while your at it!

On BS&T Now: Nothing.
Fighting the Fight for 11 Years with the big "C" - Never Ever Give Up!
Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.

Comments

• Options

what kind of battery is required? (the listing states it is not included)

Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2017 10:36PM

@ThoseBackPages said:
    what kind of battery is required? (the listing states it is not included)

It comes with batteries, in fact you can't buy the battery here for less than you do for the scope and shipping. It also has a nice leather pouch that has Velcro to keep the flap closed. Most items that have lithium batteries claim there not included so they can ship by air, I've bought a bunch of gadgets from China and they always claim no battery and they always do.

Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • Options
    Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:
    Without commenting on the product....it is remarkable that one can have a product delivered from China to their door for a deuce and a quarter.

This always blows my mind too. How does it work?? I can't even mail a slabbed coin that cheap across town.
    Although technically I did receive a rattler Slab in a paper letter envelope, wrapped in paper towels, with less than $1 in stamps on it.

Not to be a voice of dissent...
    Ultimately I just can't reconcile sending money overseas. I know most things come from there but still avoid it. I got some rail mount pistol and rifle lasers once, just to try it out. I was not surprised when they fell part after a few rounds. I also wonder how much lead and bad chemicals they use in manufacturing.

Sweet looking gadget though.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:
    Without commenting on the product....it is remarkable that one can have a product delivered from China to their door for a deuce and a quarter.

It's amazing, I can't ship the same size package for less Than $2.61,

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought one. For $2.28 and 13 cents in ebay bucks, it's worth trying. If it works as well as Texast stated, it is a bargain.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    howardshowards Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭

Seller doesn't ship to PO boxes.

• Options

The blacklight is intriguing to me, im in!

• Options
    GoldenEggGoldenEgg Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2017 1:57AM

Ever heard of epacket?

When I visited the Pudong airport cargo terminal in Shanghai a couple years ago, there was a lot of mail waiting to be loaded. I mean a lot! Likely much of it was due for the US. Maybe not as much as from other Chinese airports though.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

"""Ever heard of epacket?""

Sure have, but it is still 8000 miles from Hong Kong to New York. As others noted, I can't ship a slabbed coin across town for under $3.00 (including packaging and the obligatory gas to get to the post office ;) ).

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow...that is unbelievably cheap.... that alone makes me wary..... Anyway, do not need 60x...Cheers, RickO

• Options
    JJSingletonJJSingleton Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool. thanks for the tip.

Joseph J. Singleton - First Superintendent of the U.S. Branch Mint in Dahlonega Georgia

Findley Ridge Collection
    About Findley Ridge

• Options
    mt_mslamt_msla Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks @Texast just picked one up

Insert witicism here. [ xxx ]

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinsAndMoreCoins said:
    My understanding is that we the people of the United States of America subsidize these amazing postal rates from them to us. Have a problem with such an item and it will cost you 20, if not 40 to send it back for a refund.

I am told this is why our shipping rates from within our own borders have been jacked up to beyond unreasonable and let's not overlook how high the rates have gone to ship many places abroad. Australia, Germany and several others have more than doubled in the last ten years.

I doubt the optics are worth half of the cost of admission.

The U.S. pays China to send it? Now how would that work?

I would assume the Chinese gov't picks up the postage, anything I've ever bought from the Far East was delivered (essentially) for free and the USPS had to get paid something (from the seller).

• Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2017 7:02AM

Great products at super low prices.

My last purchase was for one of those ultra powerful flashlights that only cost $6.00 with free shipping from China.

Be prepared for a long time getting it as the 'free shipping' took close to two months to arrive.

"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    TONEDDOLLARSTONEDDOLLARS Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭

i BOUGHT ONE OF THESE THREE OR FOUR YEARS AGO, IT WAS 1,95 AT THE TIME. WORKS GREAT

• Options
    neildrobertsonneildrobertson Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinsAndMoreCoins said:
    I believe DC sold us out lock, stock and barrel. Manufacturing base went to the far east and now we blindly pay the costs for them to ship to us. I can recall when American machine and equipment manufacturers were prohibited from selling equipment to China and elsewhere so they bought from foreign competitors.

Keep it together dude. This is a coin forum.

IG: DeCourcyCoinsEbay: neilrobertson
    "Numismatic categorizations, if left unconstrained, will increase spontaneously over time." -me

• Options
    mustangmanbobmustangmanbob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭✭✭

I needed a 1 time use diamond tipped glass cutting bit.

It cost 11 cents DELIVERED from China, bought off of ebay.

I cut 4 holes in the bottom of bottles, just what I needed to do, and the bit was getting tired on #4.

The holes were cut cleanly, and I just trashed the bit when I was done.

• Options
    BigpoppasBigpoppas Posts: 241 ✭✭✭

Thanks @Texast !!

I couldn't resist for that price and ordered one . Thanks for sharing :)

• Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

I'm in the you got to be kidding me camp. $2.28 piece price, free shipping.

Why would I want this? Junk.

Optics cost money.

Regardless the cost of shipping vs. pc price. Crazy.

• Options
    TequilaDaveTequilaDave Posts: 271 ✭✭✭

@FredWeinberg said:
    I just ordered four of 'em.

I figure if one is a good deal,
    four must be 4x better!

Reminds me of the quote from the movie Contact - "Why buy one when you can buy two for twice the price"?

• Options

@CoinsAndMoreCoins said:

@neildrobertson said:

Keep it together dude. This is a coin forum.

Maybe you have better answers for why an item from China can be bought and shipped for less than a tenth of the cost to ship it back or why you can't sell anything to them, not even a coin or their own merch?

Many remain with no idea what has taken place starting in the early 70's when China was pretty much still in the stone age.

Wow, how a little scope brings up all the trade problems. Today it's China, in the 70's and 80's it was Japan, and the 60's West Germany.
    It's always something, this country is addicted to Debt, why not, these countries give us the products we buy whether it's a two dollar item shipped from China or the $200 Saw you buy at Home Depot that was also made in China, what do we give them? Nothing, digits in a fake bank account, we give them Debt.
    I remember one of the jobs I had, and lost to one of the biggest liars of the early eighties, Lee Iacocca, after our nation bailed out Chrysler the first time he went on television as the Chairman of Chrysler and shouted "Buy American" I worked at Great Lakes Steel in Detroit, the main supplier of steel for Chrysler, until the terms of the bailout required him to buy the cheapest steel, and Japan stepped up and dumped Steel on the market.
    If you really want this Country to be Great Again get rid of your personal Debt which is nearly 12 times the National Debt, over 160 Trillion Dollars.
    Oh to keep this coin related hears a coin picture.

• Options

Debt (and money, for that matter) in the form of fiat currency is simply virtual debt (and virtual money) and is worth only what we all pretend it to be worth. As far as I'm concerned, China can continue buying up all the debt she wants. Digits on a computer screen are very easy to produce....

• Options

It's all smoke and mirrors - nothing more, nothing less.

And as our great leader says.... "What,Me,Worry?"

• Options
    RockyMtnProspectorRockyMtnProspector Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ordered 2.

GSAs, OBW rolls, Seated, Walkers. Anything old and Colorado-focused, CO nationals.

Gonna get me a $50 Octagonal someday. Some. Day.
  • Options

@CoinsAndMoreCoins said:
    Well, you're certainly entitled to nurture and cultivate the notion all they are getting is keystrokes and ignore the default terms signed into law nearly 10 years ago, as well as what else followed like "insourcing" and transfer or real wealth amounting to much more than mere keystrokes.

If the people are indeed paying the one-way subsidies for China to ship here, are they only getting keystrokes or something much more that snowballs rapidly?

I don't nurture and cultivate any notion all they are getting is keystrokes.
    I am a realest, I have waited a lifetime for a real businessman to take the helm of this country, I would have preferred someone like Warren Buffett, instead we have Donald Trump. This country we all love has done it's best to destroy itself, and that is a true shame. It was not NAFTA, it was our own gread. We wanted everything cheap.
    As another posted he has no debt, I also have no debt, no credit cards, only debit. I worked for this government Local, State and Federal In Uniform, If most of the public knew how our Government has schemed to keep us dependant on handouts they would better understand why our Nation is going to hell in a handbasket.
    As Numismatist most here understand what Fiat Currency is, most here know that the Federal Reserve is only a branch of the World Bank, not a true part of the Treasury. Read up on "The Business Roundtable" set up under Nixon, then you will find out who really runs this Country.

Back to the scope, the picture was not taken using it.

And now a coin picture to stay on topic.

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought this was a COIN forum, not a place for politics.

• Options

Actually, I think the comments are more related to economics... which, however, do get manipulated by politics...Cheers, RickO

• Options

@CoinsAndMoreCoins ...Your powers of observation are amazing..... :D:D Cheers, RickO

• Options

Sorry, you're right. Now if I could only find where that darn "S" went and how I can get it back under the date where it belongs....

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some of us have old tired eyes and need all the help we can get!
    Ordered one.
    bob

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome! New toy! I'll have to get one.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 31, 2017 6:59PM

AND don't forget to click on his "See other items"!

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    3Legs3Legs Posts: 103 ✭✭

I like that thanks fo r the link.

• Options
    IntueorIntueor Posts: 310 ✭✭✭✭

@CoinsAndMoreCoins said:
    Hand-held cellphone and taken thru the eyepiece of German zoom optics. They get much crisper when the camera phone is held by a tripod.

I have been researching Franklin Half varieties for years. If you would be so kind, could you identify “German zoom optics”? This is exactly the cellphone detail and resolution I need to document the elements in some varieties. I have used cellphone add-on optics in the past but I find the depth of field is always too shallow to focus on the entire 3D feature.
    Thanx,
    ron

unus multorum
  • Options

@ms70 said:
    AND don't forget to click on his "See other items"!

Umm, nice!

• Options
    IntueorIntueor Posts: 310 ✭✭✭✭

@CoinsAndMoreCoins said:
    Lieca Z4. Same as Cambridge, Bausch&Lomb etc.

Thanks so much for the (American made :) ) data and detail. I have been favoring the Leica EZ4 or ES2 Stereoscopes so this pretty much nails it.
    Know this is really a subject for a new topic so I will stop but your time & kindness is appreciate.

ron

unus multorum
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

@CoinsAndMoreCoins said:

Very affordable without having to support commie child slave labor while your countrymen subsidize free shipping.

Good one, LOL

• Options
    jonrunsjonruns Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just ordered one at $1.99...

• Options
    CoinlearnerCoinlearner Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭

@jonruns said:
    I just ordered one at $1.99...

Same here. Around 20 left.

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,817 ✭✭✭✭✭

I rolled the dice. This will mark the one and only purchase from a seller in China. I feel a bit foolish but if it's real I'll be happy. If not I'll just file a claim and let the chips fall where they will. I'm not gonna sweat it.

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options

Price reduced to $1.99.

Now Baley and Grote can get in on the action!

;)

• Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

@jwitten said:
    Price just dropped to $1.99. Sucks to be all you suckers who paid $2.28! lol

Massive deflation, gold is up though...

keceph `anah
  • Options
    ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭

you guys are seriously worried about two dollars?

• Options

It's not the two dollars...it's the 28 cents!!

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got ebay bonus bucks with my purchase, so I only paid 22 cents more.. B)

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

Anyone get theirs yet? not i

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file