Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Have you "Heard" of this PCGS submitter? Lots of Old Large Cents.

oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just looking over some of the PCGS submissions and found this rather large submission of 143 really nice grouping of Large Cents.

https://www.pcgs.com/Membership/sharedorder.aspx?OrderNo=21202338&Year=2017&Month=3

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...

Comments

• Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a good idea who it might be but I'm not permitted to say.

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options
    EXOJUNKIEEXOJUNKIE Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 29, 2017 1:33PM

WOW!!! Three chains, every coin straight-graded, and peppered with RBs! Wish this submission was getting mailed back to my house haha!!! B)

I'm addicted to exonumia ... it is numismatic crack!

ANA LM

USAF Retired — 34 years of active military service! 🇺🇸
  • Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool. Based on the cert #'s, the whole order was reconsideration. It would be interesting to see how many went up.

• Options
    LoveMyLibertyLoveMyLiberty Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭

It's a beautiful set & must have taken a long time to
    assemble.
    The lists of provenances takes up more space than the
    descriptions.
    I think he used to be a member on these boards, perhaps
    still is.

My Type Set

R.I.P. Bear image
  • Options
    cardinalcardinal Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭✭✭

Quite the set! Looks like a complete Large Cent date set with major varieties. Considering current turnaround times, I find it interesting that the group was processed in just two weeks! (My latest 5-coin express submission is in its 5th week. :'( )

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some are imaged. Rare.

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow.

• Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭

Some wow coins in that group!

"You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

Remarkable set to look through.

I would have thought the cert #'s would be sequential. No?
    So random.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 29, 2017 7:06PM

From my database, it does not appear any of the grades changed.

However, the variety did change. I take it this was a variety submission.

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    10000lakes10000lakes Posts: 811 ✭✭✭✭

@cardinal said:
    Quite the set! Looks like a complete Large Cent date set with major varieties. Considering current turnaround times, I find it interesting that the group was processed in just two weeks! (My latest 5-coin express submission is in its 5th week. :'( )

They must of had to call in the experts for your submission

My express submission was in on 03/21 and out on 03/28

• Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭

Is it possible the coins were submitted by an auction house in preparation for an upcoming sale.

Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options
    10000lakes10000lakes Posts: 811 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 29, 2017 7:13PM

@dbldie55 said:
    From my database, it does not appear any of the grades changed.

However, the variety did change. I take it this was a variety submission.

They appear to also have a pedigree.
    I don't see any Trueviews, but on my latest submission the Trueviews didn't show up on the cert lookup until a couple of days after the ordered posted as complete.

** edit Actually I see a few have Trueviews now.

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2017 5:23AM

No doubt, lots of great varieties in this submission. The 1794 1C S-48 Starred Reverse (line 10) would be my favorite, within this batch, as far as condition rarities goes, unless I missed a 1793 Wreath 1C Strawberry Leaf (PCGS # 1353).

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dadgum, that's a great collection all by itself!

Kind regards,

George

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • Options
    tyler267tyler267 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭✭

WOW is right!

• Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

All this fuss over $1.43 Really >:) OMG is all I can really say

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

@EXOJUNKIE said:
    WOW!!! Three chains, every coin straight-graded, and peppered with RBs! Wish this submission was getting mailed back to my house haha!!! B)

a few of us are thinking along those same lines (theres nothing wrong with it either).

• Options
    jonrunsjonruns Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a couple of those early cents are in the June Goldberg Pre Long Beach auction.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a huge submission... and an amazing collection.... Would love to see them in person...Old copper like that is so interesting... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice!

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    KellenCoinKellenCoin Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭

That is truly amazing!

YN Member of the ANA, ANS, NBS, EAC, C4, MCA, PNNA, CSNS, ILNA, TEC, and more!
    Always buying numismatic literature and sample slabs.

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,147 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very impressive - Like others said, I would love to see this in person!

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rays I went back and re-read your thread from 2014 where you announced your set completion.
    I'm glad it was brought up again because it's such a pleasure view.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    BigMooseBigMoose Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭

This is a fantastic collection. It must have taken decades to complete. My hat is off to you.

TomT-1794

Check out some of my 1794 Large Cents on www.coingallery.org
  • Options
    coinnutcoinnut Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭✭✭

Impressive collection of large cents you have there rays. Mine is not as complete as yours. But I can't can't imagine parting with them!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file