Options

coinstar finds

KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 30, 2017 9:10AM in Metal Detecting

Interesting bunch...The ag (about good) dime is a 2000-d

Comments

• Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭

now those are all over the place! I like the "worn" 200X dime. I hear they look like that when stuck in a washer or dryer for a while. Wonder if our host will grade it AG? May be worth some bucks actually.

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on the find, always interesting to see what others discard, knowingly or otherwise :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice finds, but there are no D silver dimes in 2000....Only S mints in modern coinage are silver. Unless you are not referring to silver when you say Ag.... If you mean 'about good', that is different.....The wear is considerable, not sure it would even get a grade at PCGS.
    Cheers, RickO

• Options

Yes, About Good. Almost looks like 2006. Wonder if they'd deem the wear as intentional and not slab. Wonder if anyone really would pay anything for an AG grade on it?

• Options

@pcgs69 said:
    Yes, About Good. Almost looks like 2006. Wonder if they'd deem the wear as intentional and not slab. Wonder if anyone really would pay anything for an AG grade on it?

Me too. If anyone wants to send it to pcgs for grading let me know & I'll mail the coin to you at my expense.

• Options

Not sure that would even slab at PCGS..... Too far gone.... Probably spent six or seven sessions in a dryer or washing machine...Cheers, RickO

• Options

• Options

Definitely not worth the expense of slabbing... if you want to keep it...just self slab or put in a blank hole in an album. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    basetsbbasetsb Posts: 508 ✭✭✭✭

I check all coinstars I come across. Most people are ignorant and will leave silver is the discard bin...even though the machine tells you it will discard silver!!! No one likes to read.

@basetsb_coins on Instagram

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Alas...today many may not be able to read....or not take their eyes away from the electronic device glued to one of their hands long enough to see what to read. :smile: JMO

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options

that pic is interesting because it doesn't look like forced wear... Maybe throw this on the regular coin forum and see what others think

• Options

@pcgs69 said:
    that pic is interesting because it doesn't look like forced wear... Maybe throw this on the regular coin forum and see what others think

great idea thanks.

• Options
    basetsbbasetsb Posts: 508 ✭✭✭✭

@pcgs69 said:

That dime has wear consistent with being in a clothes dryer.

@basetsb_coins on Instagram