Comments

• Options
    EzmoneyEzmoney Posts: 149 ✭✭✭✭

That Indian head is sweet!

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 21, 2017 9:52PM

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭✭

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    23Pairer23Pairer Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

@lkeigwin said:

Love the '23 tripled profile, and the toning...........crap, I love all of them. WOW.

• Options
    AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

Put some wheat cents into a cigar tube 30 years ago.

It's a shame the purples and blues don't come out. If anyone has advice on picking up these colors please let me know. There are wide swaths of brilliant purple blues and lavender and some straight blues (the latter just look like copper coins).

Also I don't know if you guys can see them, and I sound like a madman.

(Still very pretty IMO)

• Options

My dad bought this on some dialup Prodigy type auction house. It is my most favorite toned coin and favorite Roosie I've ever owned.

Decades later he would pass this purple blue obverse and solid brass reverse quarter onto me. It's amazing in person. A bright deep purple front and looking like a cent on the back.

My other favorite kind of toning. I call it "old silver coin" toning. Artwork by Charles Morgan did the bust of Columbus and Barber did the ships. I love this artwork compared to Morgan Dollars and the Barber series. It is a fine exposition of their combined talents. Honestly I think it's under appreciated.

• Options

Dang dawg you are killing it.

Weiss-----nicceeeeeee

So many killer lookers in this thread. Well done lads

mark

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    I save this for special occasions. Busting out the Wasa

I am in love with your coin. Are there any for sale?

• Options
    edited March 22, 2017 8:16PM

Well thank you! I've had a rough day Turbosnail and that was the highlight. No better form of coin flattery.

Siince you asked and I would never market on my own I do have a box of twenty type stuff going to auction in May. It's a boutique type auction. It starts with a L and ends with a D and rhymes with Zegend.

mark

• Options
    OldIndianNutKaseOldIndianNutKase Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    I save this for special occasions. Busting out the Wasa

m

Mark, please provide some tech details about this ancient coin for those of us that do not know....like what is the metal composition that accounts for the toning. We have annimated discussions about copper toning that threaten to break this forum into two warring camps........ and I am just waiting for one of the flat landers to say your coin is AT. Just becausue a fight is much more special if you are in on it. LOL.

• Options
    edited March 22, 2017 8:53PM

I'm Polish. My family stuck it in a beet for 125 years. The old word 1594 silver reacted with the the chemical composition and metabolisable-energy contents of the beet cause the toning. High concentrations of water-soluble carbohydrates were taken into account. Gross energy content was relatively low.

Being poor we could only afford MS-17 and that couldnt cut it and roosters were hard to come by.

Are you happy now

mark

• Options
    OldIndianNutKaseOldIndianNutKase Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    I'm Polish. My family stuck it in a beet for 125 years. The old word 1594 silver reacted with the the chemical composition and metabolisable-energy contents of the beet cause the toning. High concentrations of water-soluble carbohydrates were taken into account. Gross energy content was relatively low.

Being poor would could only afford MS-17 and that couldnt cut it and roosters were hard to come by.

Are you happy now

mark

Mark, you are a man that speaks well for the ideas of our Creator........and proof that God loves coin collectors, and creates special susnsets that only we can apprecaite. And if you ever sell this remarkable coin you will be eternally dam**ned. Unless, of course, you sell it to me.

OINK

• Options
    edited March 22, 2017 8:54PM

@OldIndianNutKase said:

@Justacommeman said:

Being poor would could only afford MS-17 and that couldnt cut it and roosters were hard to come by.

Are you happy now

mark

Mark, you are a man that speaks well for the ideas of our Creator........and proof that God loves coin collectors, and creates special susnsets that only we can apprecaite. And if you ever sell this remarkable coin you will be eternally dam**ned. Unless, of course, you sell it to me.

OINK

Thanks my man main. Think crock pot and Blue Ribbon for the final 40 years to compete the recipe. Pabst Blue Ribbon.

I marvel at the last Indian you posted. Keep up the good fight,

mark

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lkeigwin said:
    Not colorfully toned, but not very abused.
    Lance.

Great looking 1794, Lance!!

:+1:

• Options

That SLQ is a rockstar. Wow. Thank you for sharing @AuroraBorealis.

• Options

When I was a child, my father took me to a nice fairly local coin show. I had just started my paper routes and didn't have a lot of money. I was too awe inspired that I lost track of how much money I had left. Wasn't able to get my Morgan, and finally own a whole silver dollar! We look through our coins and dad double checks mine. He's putting everything away and slips me this.

• Options
    edited March 22, 2017 10:30PM

@AuroraBorealis said:
    Cool thread with some great coins! Mark was that beet still edible?

You beetcha

My people throw nothing away

m

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file