Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Picked this up at Heritage tonight....for no particular reason.

CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Other than it looked cool.

Comments

  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

    The lamination error is in a very interesting and distinctive place on that.

    Lamination errors can be neat. I recently picked up a lamination error simply because I thought it was cool too.

  • Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 10,395 ✭✭✭✭✭

    No better reason than that. Congrats!!

    Sometimes, it’s better to be LUCKY than good. 🍀 🍺👍

    My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947):

    https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 11,837 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Very nice. Too bad you don't have the peeled fragment. Good that they put the reverse on the front of the holder for better displaying. I've got one, a large peeler, on a Peace Dollar. Interesting to note that the grading company labels it a lamination. Interesting in that many prefer the de-lamination connotation. I've always gone with lamination.

    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    MedalCollectorMedalCollector Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @BLUEJAYWAY said:
    Interesting in that many prefer the de-lamination connotation. I've always gone with lamination.

    I would have thought the opposite. The de-lamination term is very infrequently used in my opinion and have only heard it used by a couple people in the last few years.

  • Options
    HoledandCreativeHoledandCreative Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Actually, de-lamination is not the problem, the coin de-laminated rather well.

  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

    That is a unique specimen.... laminations never attracted me, although some can be interesting, such as this one... Cheers, RickO

  • Options
    EXOJUNKIEEXOJUNKIE Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭✭✭

    An "Athiest Lamination." Laminations of this size aren't that uncommon on Morgan dollars, but this one is special because of the location. Nice pick-up!

    I'm addicted to exonumia ... it is numismatic crack!

    ANA LM

    USAF Retired — 34 years of active military service! 🇺🇸
  • Options
    CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @EXOJUNKIE said:
    An "Athiest Lamination." Laminations of this size aren't that uncommon on Morgan dollars, but this one is special because of the location. Nice pick-up!

    Lol. I was about to post the exact same words. Possibly verbatim. Funny

    The more you VAM..
  • This content has been removed.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file