Home Sports Talk
Options

Looks like nobody wants Tony Romo.....I wonder why!?

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, just maybe because he is pushing 40, he's made out of glass and most of all he is a "CHOKER"!!!!

Jerry was totally insane singing him to that big deal.....and now he is going to have to eat it!!!!

Comments

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

To borrow from William Shakespeare:"for never was there more a tale of woe,than that of Jerry Jones, and his Romo (eo)". Resembles end of play sentence in Romeo and Juliet.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm shocked Denver or Houston hasn't even tried to negotiate something, outside of Cousins he is the best QB available that would give them their best chance of challenging the Pats in the AFC

• Options

@perkdog said:
    I'm shocked Denver or Houston hasn't even tried to negotiate something, outside of Cousins he is the best QB available that would give them their best chance of challenging the Pats in the AFC

The Pats would eat him for lunch and break one or both of his glass collar bones.

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got no dog in this one...however, some people just don't know when to get off the stage. I'm sure Romo has ample millions stashed away somewhere, much, much more than enough to live life beyond 40 in high blower.

Romo's biggest mistake was letting Carrie Underwood slip through his fingers!!

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe Jones is smarter the we think. Doesn't want Romo to go to The Texans. Doesn't want to share the stage with Houston in his own state. mark

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/heres-the-one-sneaky-texas-based-reason-why-jerry-jones-wont-let-tony-romo-go-yet/?ref=yfp

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

"Let my Romo go" so said Moses.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

I personally wouldn't want him solely due this history of injuries.

• Options

@Brian48 said:
    I personally wouldn't want him solely due this history of injuries.

That......... and you can't play good quarterback with your hands around your throat!

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

That......... and you can't play good quarterback with DIMEMAN'S hands around your throat!

FTFY

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

That......... and you can't play good quarterback with DIMEMAN'S hands around your throat!

FTFY

WOW......that took a lot of thought. :)

• Options
    edited March 23, 2017 7:58PM

Yes Dimeman we know. All of Dallas's wins with Romo were in spite of him and all their losses were because of him

The fact of the matter is Dallas didn't have very many good teams during his era. A lot of star power and very little else.

M

• Options
    breakdownbreakdown Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't mind my Chiefs taking a flyer on him. I think Romo healthy and at his best has possibilities with a team like Chiefs that have been held back for years by QB play. Probably no way to make the money work though.

"Look up, old boy, and see what you get." -William Bonney.

• Options

Will Romo go anywhere??

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Will Romo go anywhere??

I SURE HOPE SO!!! He is tying up a lot of money!!!

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would think a team with a young QB they would want to sit and learn a couple years would want Romo to fill in those couple years. Yes I know it would be a bit expensive.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

@Brick said:
    I would think a team with a young QB they would want to sit and learn a couple years would want Romo to fill in those couple years. Yes I know it would be a bit expensive.

I really don't know why anybody would want him.....really. First big hit and he will be broke.....again!

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

Romo to the broadcast booth.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

@craig44 said:

Yea!!!!! Does this mean the Cowboys don't have to pay him all of that money from the STUPID deal Jerry made!!

I sure hope so! Maybe he can talk a good game......sure couldn't play one!

• Options

Kinda surprised

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Kinda surprised

Me too.....still worried about the money.

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tony says "no mas", he's headed for the broadcast booth. Another who doesn't know when to get off the stage.

Tony...big clue...go enjoy your millions, unless you can easily emulate Dandy Don of yesteryear, just go quietly.

• Options

He is taking phil simms spot as the number 1 color guy for CBS. I kind of liked Simms.

• Options

****> @DIMEMAN said:

@perkdog said:
    Kinda surprised

Me too.....still worried about the money.

10.7 million cap hit in 2017
    8.9 million cap hit in 2018

mark

• Options

Good for Romo.

Romo is the **Cowboys' all-time leader **with 34,183 passing yards and 248 touchdowns.

mark

• Options

@craig44 said:
    He is taking phil simms spot as the number 1 color guy for CBS. I kind of liked Simms.

How does a Pats fan justify liking Phil Sims?

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:

I am shocked to hear this. Is Simms jumping ship?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    edited April 4, 2017 3:08PM

@Justacommeman said:
    Good for Romo.

Romo is the **Cowboys' all-time leader **with 34,183 passing yards and 248 touchdowns.

mark

Stats don't mean squat! There were 4 better QB's for Dallas.

Stabach(sp)

Prescott

White

And of course Aikman....the best....period!

• Options

@craig44 said:

I am shocked to hear this. Is Simms jumping ship?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

Not that I heard, Simms is being demoted. I heard simms probably won't stand for that and will look elsewhere for a position.

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@craig44 said:

How does a Pats fan justify liking Phil Sims?

I have no problem with simms. He was a great player and I liked his broadcasting. In fact, in New England where I live, there are still many older people who are giants fans from before the patriots were a team. Pre 1960, the giants were the regional team here.

• Options

Sims jumped on the deflategate bandwagon , and he is a terrible analyst , or he has CTE symptons

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:
    Good for Romo.

mark

Stabach(sp)

Prescott

White

As the Cowboy brass said today Tony Romo is one of the greatest Cowboys of all-time. Show some class Jon. Danny White and Prescott? Ha

mark

• Options

~~~~> @Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:
    Good for Romo.

mark

Stabach(sp)

Prescott

White

As the Cowboy brass said today Tony Romo is one of the greatest Cowboys of all-time. Show some class Jon. Danny White and Prescott? Ha

mark

Mark, what do you expect the "Cowboy Brass" to say. If they told it like it is it would make them look stupid all those years for paying him so much for "choking"!!

Read the clip on "Should Romo be in the HOF"........see what they say.

I would take Danny White over Romo any day. He actually got to a NFC Championship Game at least once.

And Prescott is already better than Romo.

Just glad he is gone....he can't shatter my hopes any more.

• Options

You can't even spell Staubach's name correctly and you call yourself a knowledgeable Cowboys fan? LOL..

• Options

@grote15 said:
    You can't even spell Staubach's name correctly and you call yourself a knowledgeable Cowboys fan? LOL..

Never could spell that name. :) And too lazy to look it up. ;)

• Options

Also, the Cowboys had a far better supporting cast surrounding Danny White than they ever had with Romo, with the exception of 2014 when they finally had a bonafide RB and an OL and that was the year the Cowboys came one very debatable call away from getting to the NFC Championship.

• Options

@grote15 said:
    Also, the Cowboys had a far better supporting cast surrounding Danny White than they ever had with Romo, with the exception of 2014 when they finally had a bonafide RB and an OL and that was the year the Cowboys came one very debatable call away from getting to the NFC Championship.

If Romo had lost the playoff game this year we would be hearing how he choked again. Instead Dak lost it and he is given a pass

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@grote15 said:

If Romo had lost the playoff game this year we would be hearing how he choked again. Instead Dak lost it and he is given a pass

Dak didn't lose that game. We came out stale from having the off week and gave GB too big a lead. If Dak would have pulled a "Romo" I would be all over him, but he didn't.

Romo did it year after year and that is why I hate his guts!!!!

• Options

@grote15 said:

I like the way you "changed" your view on the Dez bad call! ;)B)

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    ~~~~> @Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:
    Good for Romo.

mark

Stabach(sp)

Prescott

White

mark

Mark, what do you expect the "Cowboy Brass" to say. If they told it like it is it would make them look stupid all those years for paying him so much for "choking"!!

Read the clip on "Should Romo be in the HOF"........see what they say.

I would take Danny White over Romo any day. He actually got to a NFC Championship Game at least once.

And Prescott is already better than Romo.

Just glad he is gone....he can't shatter my hopes any more.

Prescott playoff record 0-1. Danny White was a journeyman type QB at best. At worst Jon Kitna

mark

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

No change there. The call definitely generated a lot of debate but the call was correct by rule.

• Options
    edited April 4, 2017 8:54PM

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

No change there. The call definitely generated a lot of debate but the call was correct by rule.

I have no problem with the call especially since they were gifted the game against Detroit with the mother of bad calls and blantant home cooking. The had no business even playing in that game. The NFL doesn't apologize often but they sure did after that game

BTW Romo had great games against both the Lions and Packers.

quick Triva . Who was the last Dalles QB to win a playoff game?

mark

• Options
    edited April 4, 2017 8:58PM

@Justacommeman said:

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

I have no problem with the call especially since they were gifted the game against Detroit with the mother of bad calls and blantant home cooking. The had no business even playing in that game. The NFL doesn't apologize often but they sure did after that game

mark

Off the top of my head, I'd say Testaverde, if not Aikman.

ETA: I thought you said before Romo, LOL..

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

mark

Spoken like a true Detroit fan. They reversed a bad call and made it right.

And the Dez call was not correct by rule. Anybody seeing the replay could understand this!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

mark

And the Dez call was not correct by rule. Anybody seeing the replay could understand this!

Wrong on both counts, but not surprisingly, LOL..

• Options

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

mark

Like perkdog always says "haters will always hate"!

• Options

The NFL apologized to the Lions after the game ( I'm a Pat's fan BTW) and stood by the Dez call which was correctly called on the field and upheld by replay and the league after the game. And somehow in your world they got the Detroit call right and the Dez call wrong? Even if that flies i the face of reality.? This is why it's impossible to like the Cowboys. It's actually not the Cowboys that makes them easy to dislike it's a lot of their bandwagon ill informed homer fans.

mark

• Options
    edited April 4, 2017 9:28PM

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

mark

Like perkdog always says "haters will always hate"!

What is there to 'hate' about Dallas these past 20 years? They've won exactly two playoff games in that time, LOL!

Plus, Paul is not completely deluded when it comes to the game, lol..

• Options

@craig44 said:

At least he shouldn't get hurt in the booth, unless his co-anchor decides to tackle him. :D