Home Metal Detecting
Options

My hand, my nugget and my dreams (better than counting sheep). 51 grams of bliss

AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com

Comments

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

impressive :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's gorgeous! I don't suppose you found it on the ground?

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks pretty big laying in your hand. At least you don't have to put it in a little vile so you don't lose it

• Options
    PRECIOUSMENTALPRECIOUSMENTAL Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭

Very Nice!

• Options

@pocketpiececommems said:
    Looks pretty big laying in your hand. At least you don't have to put it in a little vile so you don't lose it

Yeah, hate those little vials!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow...nice nugget...and even has a quartz inclusion... That would likely sell for a lot more than melt and be used for jewelry.... Great find.... should be more in that area.... Stream or dirt? Cheers, RickO

• Options

Dirt. No stream in 20 miles (Though I do suspect there was one there a few million years ago). This is a California nugget (not Sierra, just over the line from S. Nevada). Found about 6" down on a level area, not in a wash or gully. Signal was super strong on my Whites V Sat. Only nugget I've ever found in that area (believe me I've spent many hours going over that ground and a lot of money in meals out and motels). It appears to be a one off for some weird reason. Wanted to get a dozer to do a strip of several feet off the top but the BLM said absolutely no (even with a repair the earth plan including removing and replanting the existing desert plants). I thought this would be a once in a lifetime find but several years later I found a duplicate (weight within a couple of grams) in Alaska with my V Sat. Here's a pic of that one:

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice yellow color :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice piece. A quartz inclusion is one of the best things you can see. Where there's quartz and small gold, there's always big gold.

Finding a lot of jasper and garnets?

• Options

I never find jasper or garnets or topaz....doesn't ring on the machine. I suppose that I pass over lots of that stuff and just don't care to go that direction. I've found lodes of turquoise and even a diamond vein and have not gone back to either to explore further. The diamonds I thought were topaz until my Geologist neighbor examined an informed me otherwise. He was very surprised when I told him the general area of the lode. He claims I'm not telling him the location truth! Ha ha!

• Options

He claims I'm not telling him the location truth! Ha ha!

I bet you also hunt morel mushrooms! :D

• Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

The OP nugget is gorgeous....great find...I am very happy for you as you clearly as stated put a lot if time, effort and money into this hobby.

Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow oh wow!!! I wouldn't sleep for a week after finding something that big!

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That second nugget is very nice as well.... my two found nuggets are more smooth and oblong... 6 and 7 grams each if I recall... I can check, they are down in my safe... Still.. a major thrill to find..... Cheers, RickO