Home Precious Metals
Options

Buying and storing gold

Do people like Goldmoney to store and buy gold ? In addition a to home storage, this might be a good way to keep gold secure ( www.goldmoney.com)

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you don't have it in your grubby little paws, you don't own it.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 16, 2017 6:11PM

Definitely not. If you're looking for someone to store your gold I'll do it at a small cost.

google counterparty risk.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know the risk for keeping paper gold at a remote source such as Goldmoney seems okay but is it, really?
    Wouldn't you rather have the physical metal in your hands?
    They charge you up front to store your paper (?????) and when you cash in.....
    They do comply with Shariah law, however.
    They are not in the US,...... Canada I believe.
    $8.5 billion in transfers but only $1.3 billion in assets??? What kind of assets are they anyway?
    Oh wait, I answered my own questions.....they are paper assets. Nothing physical at all.

Nah, I don't think I'd give them the time of day.

bob

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you are going to register under your full name and talk about gold storage kindly add your zip code so we can find the stuff easier

• Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:
    If you are going to register under your full name and talk about gold storage kindly add your zip code so we can find the stuff easier

Hellyea, how we gonna contact him for insurance???...

keceph `anah
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TomB said:
    First post and it smells like spam.

Very astute of you, Tom! I was just about ready to suggest that they store it with me.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not even an option as far as I am concerned.... You either have it...or you do not. I do not care what 'guarantees' or promises are made... Cheers, RickO

• Options

A fool and his gold are eventually parted.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you the same Bob Jones I knew in high school?

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@jmski52 said:
    Are you the same Bob Jones I knew in high school?

Probably is, being such an uncommon name and all.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

So Bob, is this where journalism majors end up - trolling for goldmoney? I'm assuming that it's you, Bob. :)

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

OP never came back.... Looks as if TomB may have been correct.... ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options

All fair points. Thanks for all opinions. Looks like everyone here is vehemently against the idea. Not sure gold stored under bailment law is considered paper gold, like GLD or COMEX gold, but I understand the rationale of third party counter risk.

Thanks again for the opinions, GLTA!

• Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2, 2017 8:02PM

Fore!!!...

keceph `anah
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

Two posts total and Bob handled the critique a thousand percent better that thin-skinned and thin-integrity SOL!

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    Geckster109Geckster109 Posts: 231 ✭✭✭

@Bobjones said:
    All fair points. Thanks for all opinions. Looks like everyone here is vehemently against the idea. Not sure gold stored under bailment law is considered paper gold, like GLD or COMEX gold, but I understand the rationale of third party counter risk.

Thanks again for the opinions, GLTA!

If you were pretty sure a flood was coming, would you rather keep your boat easily accessible, or store it hundreds, or even thousands of miles away?

• Options
    tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

I store people's gold for free. There are no entry or exit charges. You can view, see, take it at anytime. There is no leasing of or intermixing of assets and each deposit is directly identified with that specific owner. No amount is too large or too small. I'm safer and more reliable than any gold storage facility and the federal or foreign governments.

COA