Home Metal Detecting
Options

A new first for me ----a ROLL of quarters

pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

Detected a city park I hadn't been to for several years. Was going along getting the usual change. They had moved some bleachers by a baseball field and got some easy change there. Then got a big hit. Thought it would be a can. Probed down in the chat and pulled up a quarter. Then more and more. Ended up with 40

Comments

• Options
    edited March 12, 2017 8:37PM

Out of one hole Forgot to add that I thought Richo would like these quarters. 51 for the day

• Options
    zippcityzippcity Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

well done PPC. B)

Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Absolutely UNBELIEVABLE.... Though I certainly believe you.... Fan-freakin-tastic.... was the wrapper still there?? Utterly amazing PPC....By the way....all the same year? Or various? Congratulations....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats. :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

Nice score! The president of my local club said he found a roll like that once, all clad. He assumed it had been in a paper wrapper which had long since deteriorated.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

that happened to me with a roll of pennies. the quarters sure do top it by a long mile

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Out of curiosity, how deep was the roll? :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭

That's nuts! It's like the mint makes the coins and throws them in front of your detector.

• Options

The roll was about 5-6 inches deep. It appeared that one layer of chat had been laid down on top of another layer making it deeper

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,837 ✭✭✭✭✭

much more exciting than a coin star find. :smiley: