Home U.S. Coin Forum

1982-D Cent 3.1g Large Date (?) Unc Roll

AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

The paper on the roll has finally given up. I've got 50 of these bad boys. This is an example of the "large date", right? With stronger motto and legend?

"On small-date 1982 cents, the “8” in the date is roughly the same height as the “1” and “2,” meaning a straight line can run across the tops and bottoms of those digits in the date. On the other hand, the “8” on the large-date coin looks relatively fat and is longer than the 2."

Weigh 3.1 grams. They're the finest looking memorial cents I've seen. They don't look cheap and flimsy.

I'm sifting for errors and perfection in the AM.

Large date though right? Any other things to add to this "troubled" year? Any not-so-common things to check?

Comments

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 11, 2017 4:17AM

they look like large to my untrained eyes but someone with knowledge will contradict me just because I've been humiliating myself with my own errors and I surely must be continuing it now at 6am.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 11, 2017 4:34AM

Yes, on the Large Date. Here is a visual aid from http://www.lincolncentforum.com/small-dates-vs-large-dates/

1982 ld sd large small date photo 1982SD-LDb.jpg

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like you got some winners there.....well done.. Cheers, RickO

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 11, 2017 2:10PM

John, showed the best illustration of his pictures of the difference. That "2", sez it all! I too have several 3.1 '82 Large Dates. Really, no premium. Only if they're a Double Die. "In God We Trust" should be doubled? These 3.1 82's are worth something only if they're doubled and in the condition that yours are in. Still, a nice set of coins.

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file