Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

RARE!!! Beijing 2008 Olympic Games Series III PR70 5 oz Gold Proof Coin Modern Sports

CLICK ON PIC TO VIEW EBAY LISTING. Message me if you would like to purchase direct.
">

Comments

• Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 7, 2017 5:46PM

Etiquette on these forums say only one post per day (on the BST).

You're new here (and welcome!!) so you definitely get a pass today.

But in future, if you have four coins, make one post (include all four) and you can refresh it, bringing it to the top, only once each day.

"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options

@DoubleEagle59 said:
    Etiquette on these forums say only one post per day (on the BST).

You're new here (and welcome!!) so you definitely get a pass today.

But in future, if you have four coins, make one post (include all four) and you can refresh it, bringing it to the top, only once each day.

Thank you for the heads up! I looked everywhere for forum rules and couldn't find anything. If you could please diorect me to them so I can read them for myself, that would be most helpful.

Thank you!

Bruce

• Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know where they are.

All I know is when I joined, I did the same thing you did and was quickly told by the 'regulars' that I was posting too many times.

"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options

Well I just scoured the the site once again, and the only category with rules, is the U.S. Coin Forum, and they don't have any such rules. It actually seems it may be the exact opposite, as you get points for activity. Forums live and die by the activity created. More activity in a positive manner is better for all....that way when one posts something, there are eyes to see it.

I've proven this point today...the US Buy Sell & Trade forum has way more users, thus way more views on the items I posted there compared to the world buy sell & trade forum.

In my opinion, people should be grateful for those providing any positive content, as that's how forums survive.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 7, 2017 10:16PM

@CaliforniaGoldConn said:
    Well I just scoured the the site once again, and the only category with rules, is the U.S. Coin Forum, and they don't have any such rules. It actually seems it may be the exact opposite, as you get points for activity. Forums live and die by the activity created. More activity in a positive manner is better for all....that way when one posts something, there are eyes to see it.

I've proven this point today...the US Buy Sell & Trade forum has way more users, thus way more views on the items I posted there compared to the world buy sell & trade forum.

In my opinion, people should be grateful for those providing any positive content, as that's how forums survive.

The reason for consolidating your items into one thread is that it is not fair to other sellers if you clutter the front page with multiple threads for each item you are selling. If everyone did that, the B/S/T forum would be a chaotic mess.

These are the forum rules for the B/S/T forum (found over on the Sportscards & Memorabilia side of the forums).

Good luck with your sales.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/877994/forum-rules#latest

B/S/T Forum Rules:

Rule 1) Only bump your post once per day.
    Rule 2) Sellers: Please edit your thread to reflect any items as "sold."
    Rule 3) Please do not clutter the Forum with multiple threads. Keep it simple and neat – one thread for buying and one for selling (per member).
    Rule 4) Be smart about your transaction(s). This forum is merely a venue we make available for independent sellers and buyers, but CU is not responsible for what does and/or does not happen during your exchange.
    Rule 5) The B/S/T forum is NOT to be used by any company, dealer or auction house for advertising purposes. If you would like additional advertising space on this site, please contact our Advertising Department by calling 800-325-1121.

We appreciate your cooperation!

Sincerely,
    Forum Admin
    webmaster@collectors.com

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

Thank you Admin for clarifying...makes sense, but not sure how one knows whats in the thread for sale if the thread title is generic. I'll get the hang of it...

Thank you for the platform.