Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Fort Collins Coin Club - Coin Show Announcement - Loveland, CO - come on over on Sunday!

claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 1, 2017 7:38PM in U.S. Coin Forum

The Fort Collins Coin Club announces its Spring 2017 Coin Show.

Dates and hours:
Friday Afternoon, March 31: 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Saturday, April 1: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Sunday, April 2, 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM

Free admission and free parking.

The venue is very easy to find, and just off the I-25 Freeway in Loveland, less than an hour from Denver and Denver International Airport.

This is the first coin show in the area since December, so should be lots of action on the bourse.

The event is being held at "The Ranch" at the Larimer County Fairgrounds, Exit 259 "Crossroads". Look for the Budweiser Events Center and Fairgrounds. The show is in the Thomas McKee 4-H Building near the big Budweiser Events Center Building.

The Ranch is located directly adjacent to I-25, just North of Highway 34, in Loveland, Colorado. To reach The Ranch, exit I-25 at Crossroads Blvd., Exit 259. Travel East 1 mile to Fairgrounds Avenue (County Road 5) and go North to the entrance.

There are several nice restaurants at all price points close-by.

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fort Collins is a nice area.... I was there on business once... ate at a very, very nice restaurant... do not recall the name.... might not be there anymore, but was highly recommended.... Food was excellent.
    Don't forget a show report. Cheers, RickO

• Options

In the same building is also a Gem and Mineral Show on Saturday-Sunday, April 1-2 plus the Loveland Archaeological Society Show on Saturday April 1.

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options

Bump for the weekend.

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 7,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

This weekend (March 11-12) is the Front Range Coin Club coin show at the Boulder County fairgrounds in Longmont Colorado.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coin show reports please... from all shows... Also, some pictures from the gem/mineral show would be cool. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    RockyMtnProspectorRockyMtnProspector Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭

Attended the Front Range Coin Club show today. I'm not a doorbuster, so I usually arrive after noon at this show.

Managed to get up early and out the door, and after a smooth 45 minute drive, arrived to a bourse floor doing brisk business two hours after opening. For the first 90 minutes tables were full with 2-3 customers per table. This is a show that can be dead by 1pm, but not today. Perhaps the weather helped, as a morning rain/drizzle/flurry meant cooler temperatures and an "inside" day. Historically for the past several years, this March/October show has been blessed with great weather but that also means competition with the outdoors.

Dealer stocks seemed more fresh than when the last show occurred last October. Some good prices on bullion and items in general could be had across several series and other collectibles. Nearly every table was occupied this time around, and almost no dealer was just kicking the tires hoping for someone to pass by. Saw lots of deals/money change hands, both ways, so dealers and collectors were buying.

I picked up a couple items which I'll try to take pics of later. Basically 2 toned Walkers, a handful of gem Buffs, and a couple other items I picked up for a coin gift basket to be auctioned off by a charity.

Stayed a total of two and a half hours, which is long for this show even if you include shooting the bull with friends on the bourse floor. I actually spotted a couple things I may return for tomorrow; we shall see.

There has only been one show in the Denver area since the New Year, so there may have been some pent up demand as well. As a bonus, some individual brought a stack of old auction catalogs, and I managed to grab one from a Goldberg auction in 2009 featuring so many beautiful gold coins.

Today was definitely a happy hunting day. That's all for now. Cheers!

GSAs, OBW rolls, Seated, Walkers. Anything old and Colorado-focused, CO nationals.

Gonna get me a $50 Octagonal someday. Some. Day.
  • Options

To the top for the weekend.

• Options

To the top for the weekend.

Note that this show is open to the public starting at 3:00 pm on Friday afternoon, March 31. If anyone will be at the Cheyenne Show on March 25-26, or club president Dan with Independence Coins will have a table and can answer any questions.

• Options

OK - it's finally here - this weekend!

I'll be helping out on our coin club table on Saturday, April 1. If I am not there, Dan, the club's president, at Independence Coins table will have my cell number. Remember the forumite "secret handshake"!

• Options

TTT - show opens to the public tomorrow, Friday - at 3:00 PM and Saturday 9-5, Sunday 9-4.

Remember its at the Larimer County Fairgrounds, I-25 Exit 259.

• Options
    RockyMtnProspectorRockyMtnProspector Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭

May have to get there tomorrow instead of Saturday if the weather predictions pan out. If they flop, which they might, I'll try to be there Saturday.

GSAs, OBW rolls, Seated, Walkers. Anything old and Colorado-focused, CO nationals.

Gonna get me a $50 Octagonal someday. Some. Day.
  • Options
    VoyageurVoyageur Posts: 351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend. In honor of the Fort Collins Coin Club, here is one of their 2015 60th Anniversary medals with Avery House reverse, mintage of 63. Have a Great Show !

Dan Fan
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

Watch the weather this weekend.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options

It was a rainy overcast day - perfect for a coining weather.

All the bourse tables are sold out, with dealers ranging from really nice US to lower end budget hole fillers, and even a dealer with a nice foreign and ancient spread.

The coin show is next door to the rock and mineral show, check that out while you are here!

Weather tomorrow warmer, and sunny afternoon. So come on over to Fort Collins!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file