Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1964d washington quarter dd?

Comments

• Options
    morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

What you are showing there is mechanical doubling, also known as machine doubling and not a double die.

Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Machine doubling... Not a DD... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭✭✭

The two posts above are correct.

Just because a coin has doubling does
    not mean it's a doubled die; there are
    various types of doubling......

Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors
    for PCGS. A 49+-Year PNG Member...A full numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022
  • Options

Again i do respectfully thankyou for all of your input as i am still very fresh in the coin collecting world i will be sure to pay a little more attention to the details about this stuff and hopefully actually find stuff worth sharing

• Options
    Rob85635Rob85635 Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭

@Kealohi1 said:
    Again i do respectfully thankyou for all of your input as i am still very fresh in the coin collecting world i will be sure to pay a little more attention to the details about this stuff and hopefully actually find stuff worth sharing

Everything is worth sharing if you are not sure. It's how we all learn. I don't mind at all looking at posts like yours to see if I am right before I scroll down and get a correct answer from the experts. I surprise myself and get stuff right now and then.

Rob the Newbie
  • Options
    AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

@morgandollar1878 said:
    What you are showing there is mechanical doubling, also known as machine doubling and not a double die.

In 10 years, toned coins will be worthless and mechanical doubling will fetch thousands.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file