Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Some uncirculated Walkers from my youth

AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 26, 2017 10:46AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Sunday Funday just sharing some pieces.. still working on my phone camera and light source.

Always loved these coins. The 1941 has a nice "soft white" to it. The picture doesn't do it any justice, unfortunately. I really love the reverse on the 1934.

If you see anything I don't please speak up, otherwise I hope you all enjoy as much as I do!

Comments

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet! Those are nicer than the Walkers from my youth!

Did you get them on the secondary market or from circulation?

• Options
    edited February 26, 2017 11:54AM

Got them from uncirculated rolls/bags. My dad and I used to search everything for errors and he would put me to work for a few hours and let me keep a couple. He found a mercury dime punched on a half dollar. Just asked him this morning if he's seen it.

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 26, 2017 12:25PM

@Azurescens said:
    Got them from uncirculated rolls/bags. My dad and I used to search everything for errors and he would put me to work for a few hours and let me keep a couple. He found a mercury dime punched on a half dollar. Just asked him this morning if he's seen it.

Sounds like a great time with your dad.

A mercury dime punched on a half dollar is awesome and would be worth quite a bit! Would love to see some pics of that if you have it. It would be great to get that graded by PCGS, our hosts.

• Options

I'm waiting to hear back from him. He's gotta have it somewhere. Was a very memorable day when we found that. And yeah heh, if he finds it then it'll definitely go off to PCGS. They're amazing.

• Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

nice walkers, my favorite 20th. c. coin design

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 26, 2017 6:35PM

Those Walkers are all really nice. Better than the ones I handled as a kid. But... the ones I did come across were enough to get me into the Sunday matinee, buy a coke and a candy bar, make a phone call for a ride home, and have a nickel to spare. I probably still have some of those old nickels. Brings back memories.

• Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice, and great story!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice Walkers.... That '34 is in really nice condition....and a dime punched on a WLH?? Wow!!! That would be something to see....
    @Hydrant.... Yep... I remember the Saturday (where I lived) matinee.. 50 cents would do all that... plus, I did not need to call for a ride home... so had more left over.... :D Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file