Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Group break on a 1979 Topps Hockey vending box?

Has BBCE ever done something like this? There's a 1979 Topps Hockey vending box for $5500 listed on the site. At 500 cards that comes to $11 per card. Unopened wax packs are $20 per card. Any possibility on breaking one of these in 50 10 card slots for $100 to $110 a slot? They could just pull 10 cards out, put then in a team bag without looking, and ship them out. Of course, I would only trust BBCE to handle a break such as this.

I remember when these were $60 packs in group breaks. This may be the closest scenario we have at getting near that price again. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

Correction - $20 to $27.50 per card in wax packs.

• Options
    tmgrnzx9rtmgrnzx9r Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

I'd be interested in something like that.

• Options
    lseeconlseecon Posts: 318 ✭✭

I would be interested

• Options

I would be in

On the hunt high grade Star Basketball.
  • Options
    ugaskidawgugaskidawg Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

I don't know if I would be up for a 10 card lot, but probably 5. I think if you gave everyone an option to claim up to 10 per day (in multiples of 5), it would still sell out quickly.

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

I don't think 10 card lots (without looking) are possible, but I would trust BBCE that he wouldn't take Gretzky rc's so he could package them appropriately. But the best method would be to add $25-40 to the lot price and have him card saver the cards.

• Options

Have him bust it in a video. Randomize the 10 card lots. No different then some of the set breaks some breakers do. I think it would be cool to see him crack it and watch him hit the Gretzky.

#CROWNED

2015 World Series Champions
    2018 Worst Minor League System In Baseball
    #FIREDAYTONMOORE
  • Options

@ugaskidawg said:
    I don't know if I would be up for a 10 card lot, but probably 5. I think if you gave everyone an option to claim up to 10 per day (in multiples of 5), it would still sell out quickly.

I like this idea. Lower price point, more people to participate.

• Options

@BeRoyalKC said:
    Have him bust it in a video. Randomize the 10 card lots. No different then some of the set breaks some breakers do. I think it would be cool to see him crack it and watch him hit the Gretzky.

As much as I would love to see a 1979 Topps Hockey vending break, I'd want to keep the workload down to a minimum for BBCE. I think the main reason people video breaks is because they have to be transparent due to not having a reputation such as BBCE does.

• Options

I'll email Steve later today and see if this is something BBCE would be willing to do.

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you set it up I am in. It's really the only way I could ever get a nice Gretzky rookie. I should have bought a nice PSA 8 example years ago when it was still affordable.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.