Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Rainbow toned PCI silver eagles in PCGS slabs?

ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 20, 2017 2:05AM in U.S. Coin Forum

I have a few PCI silver eagle toners and love the way they look with the rainbow pastel colors.

I've started to notice a number of these coins (with this look) in PCGS slabs.

• Do you prefer PCI toned silver eagles in PCGS slabs or PCI slabs?
  • Do they continue to tone in PCGS slabs?
  • To cross these to PCGS, is it better to crack them out first or not?

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not prefer tarnished coins in or out of any holder.... :D JMO....In case there were any lingering doubts here... ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    david3142david3142 Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 22, 2017 9:13AM

ricko, I realize responding to every thread is your thing but this (and every other time you make the same comment) is pretty clearly a violation of rule 5.

For me, I own one of these in a PCGS holder. I think they look better that way, and are presumably more stable although I know of some that have continued to tone even in the PCGS plastic.

• Options
    CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 22, 2017 9:25AM

Depends. If you're keeping it and it looks good and you want to stop or I should say heavily slow the progression then get it in a PCGS slab, if you want to let the colors (i.e. ricko tarnish) develop further leave her in! If you want to sell now, just sell as is.

PCI toning develops in a unique fashion with a unique color spectrum and graders know what it is in most cases so crack or cross, your choice. I wouldn't sent to ATS though. They tend to bodybag market acceptable color so often I sometimes think ricko might be their finalizer :joy:

The more you VAM..
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ricko will come around on the toned coins at some point. ;)

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

@david3142 said:
    ricko, I realize responding to every thread is your thing but this (and every other time you make the same comment) is pretty clearly a violation of rule 5.

Rule 5? Anonymous never forgives?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file