Home Metal Detecting
Options

Bills in Chain-Link Fence

Guys,

If you want to find bills, look in the chain-link fence that borders your local Walmart. Especially good if you live in a windy city.

Stan

Comments

• Options
    zippcityzippcity Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

another good place is new housing sub-divisions, walking around the erosion barriers. A lot of money flying around those food trucks. B)

Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Both are great ideas..... Right now, I am covered in about 8 inches of snow... so will be a while before I see anything... :D Cheers, RickO

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

i tend to keep an open eye for that stuff anyway. both are good ideas needless to say.

• Options
    PRECIOUSMENTALPRECIOUSMENTAL Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭

I followed the advice in a similar thread, followed the prevailing wind.
    Parked in the back corner of my local grocery store, found a one dollar bill in the bushes.
    Of Course, I purchased a one dollar scratch ticket from the machine, it was a dud.
    Easy come, easy go!

• Options

Too much snow to check these areas right now... but should be some finds after it all melts.... hmmmm that will be quite a while, over a foot on the ground.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭

Another mild winter in my neighborhood. Might hit 60 this week, no snow on the ground.

• Options
    PRECIOUSMENTALPRECIOUSMENTAL Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭

Another dollar bill from the same parking lot.
    Purchased a scratch off lottery ticket, skunked again!

• Options

Snow is melting very fast here... temperatures suddenly quite mild... 50's.... better check those loading docks and fences now.... ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    rte592rte592 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 27, 2017 1:11PM

@PRECIOUSMENTAL said:
    Another dollar bill from the same parking lot.
    Purchased a scratch off lottery ticket, skunked again!

Any found money, your supposed to let breathe for a bit, before you invest it.

• Options
    WildIdeaWildIdea Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

Around our business is a few vacant lots we collect trash in regularly. One area we call walking the hill, it's a steep slope that ends along a private residence, but always collects litter. We pick it up as a gesture and the neighbor mows a small patch of grass in return. Someone always finds cash in there. Almost every denom as high as a fifty and several twenties are logged and the other day, between snow thaws, I found a single, which proves they are still in there.

• Options

@WildIdea...That is quite a wind brake you have there... March is here.. and that is usually very windy in this area... so I will be checking fence lines and loading docks.... Cheers, RickO

• Options

Wildidea,

Keep up the good work.

I found a ten blowin' in the parking lot the other day. What else can you do but look for more?

Stanley

• Options

Great... Now the snow has melted, but another snow coming Friday.... have not found anything in the parking lots or coinstar.... another dry period. Cheers, RickO

• Options

Hello All,

Any good finds out there?

The weather is beautiful here.

Stanley

• Options

Nothing.... weather has changed... week of rain seems over... found nothing in parking lots or coinstar. Oh wait... I did find a 1948 Wheatie in the 'take a cent, leave a cent' bin yesterday.... nothing else though. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not much here, 80 degrees though....nice change from the snow :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    PackerjohnPackerjohn Posts: 59 ✭✭

Read this a while ago and thought it was good advice. With an hour between volleyball matches, I thought to take a walk. Lucky me

Lets Go Packers!

PackerJohn
  • Options
    PackerjohnPackerjohn Posts: 59 ✭✭

Lets Go Packers!

PackerJohn
  • Options

Great find.... Yep... chain link fences in windy areas can be profitable.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 8, 2017 6:15AM
  • Options

Pocketpiece,

Good work. Nice pic.

Stanley

• Options
    mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭✭✭

My Walmart has rattlesnakes where the fence is.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

• Options

@mr1874...
    "My Walmart has rattlesnakes where the fence is."
    I recommend you stay in the parking lot.... :D:D:D Cheers, RickO

• Options

Hi,

Mine has prairie dogs.

Stanley

• Options

I recommend you stay in the parking lot

A few years ago a live rattlesnake was found underneath a car.....in the Walmart parking lot. :s

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

• Options

Beneath a car is a risky spot for rattlesnake/people interface..... the person does not know it is there, and yet it has full striking capability if the ankles/shins are too close.... nasty... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    edited June 4, 2017 12:32PM

I did find a $10 and a $5 folded together in the Walmart parking lot.That was a snow and ice find though. Maybe I will buy some snake leggings (Walmart sells them?) and wear them over my cowboy boots to hunt for cash. Also need a tool for pushing brush aside while checking that fence line. We get fierce north winds here and that fence is on the south side of the Walmart. I can imagine a C-note hanging onto the fence.

I notice the leggings are a little pricey at $40. Maybe I will just go with my cowboy boots and a snake bite kit for $20. B)

• Options

The boots can usually do the job.... unless it is a large rattler.... they will strike higher. Nice find with the $10&5 together.... Yes, that fence line would definitely be worth searching... get a snake stick and use it to move things around, and if Mr. Rattler shows up, you have the tool to take care of him as well. Cheers, RickO

• Options

I wouldn't need to buy the snake bite kit unless I actually get bit since the Walmart has these.

• Options
    edited June 6, 2017 8:34AM

I gave my detector up to my grandson who hunts with his dad. They live a days drive away from me. They are finding Indian head pennies from the '60's and '70's, seated coins,barber coins.My son found an 1838 small stars half dime in XF or so. They are having a blast doing this hobby together. :)

Gosh. 2 cent pieces,shield nickels.1859 IHC. I wouldn't be the least surprised if they find a gold piece one of these days.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mr1874 said:
    My Walmart has rattlesnakes where the fence is.

they have some rattle snakes in the store as well. just saying ;)

• Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would buy the kit before walking the fence. You may die waiting in line. Greeter at the front door, then nobody to check you out

• Options

Yep... buy the kit before the bite..... ;) You will not have the time or the presence of mind after you get bit.
    Cheers, RickO