Home Precious Metals

As promised, the Geiger picture thread: Copper edition

ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got these about two and a half years ago. I paid way over spot but don't care. They are cool!

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice... some hefty chunks of copper there.... We used to have ingots for plating baths in the printed circuit facility I worked at... should have saved a couple of those... Cheers, RickO

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like that these particular bars are poured where most copper bullion seems to be extruded or struck like a coin.

• mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

Cool!

Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very cool copper kilos asheland!
    Makes me want to get some of those instead of weeding through pre 82' pennies that I get in change.

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

The copper bars are indeed interesting, never seen the likes of those before. :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

I got them on ebay from a seller in Germany and they shipped surprisingly fast.
    I don't think there are any more at the moment. (I might be wrong about that though)
    APMEX has a 10 ounce version but I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

I just checked and APMEX actually has quite a few different sizes but they are really pricey for what they are!

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    Nice... some hefty chunks of copper there.... We used to have ingots for plating baths in the printed circuit facility I worked at... should have saved a couple of those... Cheers, RickO

i remember using them as well. they used the copper bars later on though (not sure why they never said) what ever though as long as the checks were good.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

PC mfg was real big business at one time......and a big challenge was preventing theft from the gold tanks...Cheers, RickO

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brings back memories of when I would etch my own pc boards at home, it was always tricky drilling the holes with the tools I owned at the time. :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date