Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The Most "Trustworthy" eBay Listing Ever

KellenCoinKellenCoin Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭

I was looking through eBay, and I found this listing. Funnily confusing. Of course I will buy a "1943 copper cent" that has not been graded, but says it has been graded by ICG in the listing. THEN, we see in the description that he supposedly thought about PCGS. Choose your grading service! He then says it could cost up to $500 with PCGS, but from what I can tell there is nothing in PCGS that would cost that much (but I don't know). Here is the listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1943-Lincoln-Head-Copper-Penny-/152418290621?hash=item237cd68bbd:g:~gYAAOSwo4pYkP2I

YN Member of the ANA, ANS, NBS, EAC, C4, MCA, PNNA, CSNS, ILNA, TEC, and more!
Always buying numismatic literature and sample slabs.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

It's funny they note that the penny is worth $60,000 to $80,000 if you get it graded but they won't spend the "$500" to increase their haul.

• Options
    PushkinPushkin Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2017 6:47PM

You'd think they could at least come up with a more original story. I like to read entertaining - tragic or funny stories for this kind of "stuff" on eBay.

"I need the money to pay for my nursing school!"

Come on, not very heartbreaking. The Nigerian scammers can write better, real tear jerking heartbreakers, on their off days (I will give the sellers credit, their English is fine).

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Listing is gone now... missed the story....You can bet if I found a copper '43, it would NOT be on ebay... :D Cheers, RickO

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just another, once in a lifetime, fantastic deal on the Bay. :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file