Home U.S. Coin Forum

Giveaway #2. We Got A WINNER!!! Her name is TIMBER! guessed by crazyhounddog. Congrats.

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 31, 2017 7:18PM in U.S. Coin Forum

****Hi guy's, welcome to my 2nd Giveaway for 2017! Many to come(I hope) because someone GREAT once said, "It's always better to give, than to receive". Anyway, here is a picture of my Siberian Husky
Beautiful, Isn't she? She is a Registered Pure bred from AKC. We've had her since a pup. 2002. Sadly, me and my wife had to put her down because of bad legs, her age and recently found a tumor the size of a baseball under her belly. She's been with us for 15 wonderful years. Quite a long life she led while giving my wife, daughter and myself such happiness and joy all those years. Well, the reason I haven't disclosed her name yet is because that will be this Giveaway challenge. I want you guy's to try to guess her name. Only two clues (for now, I'll explain later) The first clue is her name doesn't have a human's first name. Second, her name has something to do with Nature and the great outdoors. Rules: Everyone will get two (2) guesses per day. The day ends at Midnight (Central Time). So, after Midnight of each day, you get two (2) guesses again, up until Midnight in which you will get another two (2) guesses. Starting today (1-30) I'll give you two days or until 2-1-17, if nobody guesses by then, I'll give you another clue. If even then, nobody still has guessed her name, I'll add another two (2) days. Along with another clue. So on and so on...
One More Thing... If the person guesses my Husky's name in a form of your answer, You'll WIN! Ex: Say her name is "Dog" and you guess Doghouse or Watchdog. You still win. First one to post wins, no ties. Now, the Giveaway Prize: Like I said, keeping with the CoinStar theme or style, I'll be giving away a CoinStar Haul! Only this will truly be a better Haul than one usually finds in the CS bin. Don't fret, there will not be any Chuckie Cheeze coins or any disgusting decayed sticky coins! LOL. It will be approx. 20-25 coins. and yes, don't worry, one or two coins will be that eye-popping Silver! Each coin will be an interesting one that has some value to it. Even maybe, capable of grading, if the winner desires, with our Host, PCGS. I just added a Silver Eagle! Numistically, all valued at a total, of $40 or more! I hope all you guy's are an Animal Lover as we are? Thanks for participating and Good Luck.-joey

Note: These pictures were taken, 2007 in Aug. She was only 5 years old. Before her decline. 9 years later. :'( Silver Eagle added!
The first year! 1986 NOTE: My total value might be a conservative amount? The coins that will go out, might be closer to $70?

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭

Snowy
    Windy?

Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • KellenCoinKellenCoin Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭

Fern
    Aspen

YN Member of the ANA, ANS, NBS, EAC, C4, MCA, PNNA, CSNS, ILNA, TEC, and more!
    Always buying numismatic literature and sample slabs.

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good guesses guy's, but sorry. Try again after Midnight. -joey

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭

blizzard or misty

• hutze1nmhutze1nm Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
    edited January 30, 2017 12:11PM

North or west

Things I like to do: Collect PL Morgans. That’s is all.

Once again guy's, good answers, but no, sorry. Try again after Midnight, ok?

• PghpetePghpete Posts: 200 ✭✭✭

Mariah or Snow

• crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've gotta say I'm so sorry you lost your dog. I'm a huge dog lover from when I was a little kid and I've always owned a dog. When ever I lose a dog it's like losing a family member because that's just what they are. I own two rat terriers and I've gotta say they are amazing ! Great personalites and just full of love. Great companions.
    Now to my guess. How bout

Sky
    Stormy

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very cool, I love dogs and she was beautiful. Sorry for the loss.

I think her name might have been Sunset or Storm.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    edited January 30, 2017 1:45PM

OK, I got it, "Striper", who could not call this dog Striper?

or

Skunk

• No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mush!
    Yukon

• northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

Aurora

• newcollectnewcollect Posts: 205 ✭✭✭

Snow Girl

• EldoEsqEldoEsq Posts: 73 ✭✭✭

Trigger
    Scout

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

River or redwood.

bob:( sorry she's gone, she'll be there when we get there, too.

Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain): The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven, not man's.

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • DavideoDavideo Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭✭

Winter
    Starry

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Blizzard or Whiteout

PS Thanks for the contest and condolences with your loss.

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Freya

Wahnsinn
  • TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭

Cool dog

Sunshine
    Breezy

• epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    edited January 30, 2017 1:16PM

@Haidrunn said:
    Freya

Low post numbers like this, I say welcome back.

Haidrunn Joined March 27, 2009 1:36PM

• northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 30, 2017 1:33PM

Tundra

• I'm very sorry to hear about your loss.

Meadow
    Bear

Thanks,
    Bill

• coinpro76coinpro76 Posts: 366 ✭✭✭

Yukon or Dakota

all around collector of many fine things

• PRECIOUSMENTALPRECIOUSMENTAL Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭

Blue.
    Sorry for your loss, been there, very painful.

• jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

Midnight or Sierra

• CyndieChildressCyndieChildress Posts: 429 ✭✭✭
    edited January 30, 2017 3:03PM

Shadow or maybe winter?

Very good looking dog! So sorry for the heartbreak ❤

• dlmtortsdlmtorts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

Silver (keeping it coin related)
    North Star
    Man's best friend and companion. I'm sorry for your loss. They bring great joy!

• Lake or Mountain

Sorry for your loss

edited January 30, 2017 4:08PM

All you guy's ROCK! Thank you for all your guesses, as well as, your heart's compassion. Oh , and great names but not the right one for her. <3 You guy's are right, my families hearts were broken. (My wife, daughter and myself). Not to proud to admit I cried like a baby. :'(

Just to remind you guy's, some of you had only used ONE (1) of your TWO (2) guesses. Everyone gets TWO (2) per day. Good Luck.

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins
    If you know what would midnight be in Boston based on your time zone?

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry about your loss. And yes I am
    a animal lover.

Snowflake.

@1630Boston said:
    @joeykoins
    If you know what would midnight be in Boston based on your time zone?

I believe it would be 1:00A.M. for you. While here, in the Central Time Z. is 12:00 Midnight. I think?

• Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭

Dock

Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,885 ✭✭✭✭✭

I suppose Cujo and Fang are out...

I'll go with Ice or Sky.

VERY sorry about your loss, Joey. Maybe you'll find some comfort in "A Dog's Purpose". (I haven't seen the movie, just read the book.)

Another great dog story is "Racing in the Rain".
    Lance.

• gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Till we meet again..............Secritariat.

edited January 30, 2017 5:01PM

@lkeigwin said:
    I suppose Cujo and Fang are out...

I'll go with Ice or Sky.

VERY sorry about your loss, Joey. Maybe you'll find some comfort in "A Dog's Purpose". (I haven't seen the movie, just read the book.)

Another great dog story is "Racing in the Rain".
    Lance.

Thanks! We love the movie, " 8 Below" with the late, Paul Walker. <3 Also, a Tearjerker.

• 1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry about the loss of your dog. I always think it's too bad they age faster or at a different rate than we do.

How about
    Star or Meadow

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • jonrunsjonruns Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

Snowflake

Moondance

• WmwoodWmwood Posts: 102 ✭✭

I wanted to say sorry for your loss. They are very special.

I'm afraid I'll understand all to soon as our little buddy is 16. Sometimes when I let him out he stretches for 5 minutes and it hits me that day is getting sooner and I dread it. Then sometimes we will get a good fight going and he's like a pup.

My guess is going to be Chinook or Frosty

• dorkbardorkbar Posts: 425 ✭✭✭

How about Rainie? Or Luna?

• amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry for your loss. I don't think anyone doesn't consider their dog a part of the family.

Storm
    Tornado

• rte592rte592 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭✭✭

Aurora
    Acacai

• labloverlablover Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh my, she was Beautiful!!! I'm so sorry for your loss. One of my many Lab's, Gabriel to your left, my avatar, I lost some six years ago. I understand the pain and loss you feel. But, as once said, "It's better to have loved and loss, then never to have loved". I've lost six (6) over the past 34 years...and miss each one, but they gave way more than I could have ever imagined. I do believe I will see them again, in the Life to come. HE said, "I go to prepare a place for you..." That place must have my babies!

Winter
    Or, and I know it's crazy, Skunk...because of the stripped face.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gold
    West

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

Willow or Daisy

She was a beautiful husky!

• PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

She's beautiful- looks confident, and I'm sure she was very faithful. Sorry to hear about your loss- it's a very rough process.

Lark
    Forrest

• KccoinKccoin Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very beautiful dog. Sorry for your loss.
    Was her name Salish or Freezer?

edited January 30, 2017 8:27PM

@lablover said:
    Oh my, she was Beautiful!!! I'm so sorry for your loss. One of my many Lab's, Gabriel to your left, my avatar, I lost some six years ago. I understand the pain and loss you feel. But, as once said, "It's better to have loved and loss, then never to have loved". I've lost six (6) over the past 34 years...and miss each one, but they gave way more than I could have ever imagined. I do believe I will see them again, in the Life to come. HE said, "I go to prepare a place for you..." That place must have my babies!

Winter
    Or, and I know it's crazy, Skunk...because of the stripped face.

WoW! That is beautiful. What you just posted made the hurt come back. Which is a GOOD thing. Thank you. You are absolutely right. We will see them again. According to the Word. You know what, I'm boosting the prize!!! I will add a "Silver Eagle" Thank you, lablover. One More Thing... Your Lab also is gorgeous.! <3 ****

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file