Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My coins shipped from PCGS but.

Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

Passed me by I'm 30 or so min from PCGS but they kept going. Now they are in Chicago! Crazy so do I get my shipping fee back if I did not rec them in two days? and if they go loss and never delivered does PCGS pay the graded price of the coin or what we listed I could never get that one right. I know they ask what is the INS value but that could change after graded like a MS65 is $900 and a MS66 is $2500 so you put $1000 Ins when sending it in raw and now it's a MS66 and lost will they pay MS66 money? how is that right, how do others think about this. I know it will show but it would suck if not.

January 28, 2017 , 3:45 am

Departed USPS Facility .

CHICAGO METRO HUB

January 28, 2017 , 2:14 am

Arrived at USPS Facility .

CHICAGO METRO HUB

January 28, 2017 , 1:49 am

Departed USPS Facility .

CAROL STREAM, IL 60199

January 28, 2017 , 12:30 am

CAROL STREAM, IL 60199

January 26, 2017 , 8:08 pm

CITY OF INDUSTRY, CA 91715

January 26, 2017 , 7:12 pm

Departed USPS Facility .

ANAHEIM, CA 92899

January 26, 2017 , 5:16 pm

ANAHEIM, CA 92899

January 26, 2017 , 4:01 pm

Accepted at USPS Origin Facility .

NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658

Hoard the keys.

Comments

• Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 29, 2017 1:16PM

It's probably just taking the scenic route to your place.

The insured amount is what you declare on the submission form. If you are lucky enough to get an ultra high grade and the value far exceeds your declared value, you need to notify PCGS and request & pay for higher insurance coverage on the return shipping.

Don't worry - they'll show up eventually.

• Options
    youniqueyounique Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

I guess you simply put your value on the coin & pay the appropriate insurance based upon your thoughts.

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 30, 2017 6:13AM

Must be a new verification hub the company runs just to make super sure.lol PCGS currency is located in IL.

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow!

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 29, 2017 9:10PM

@Type2 said:

I know they ask what is the INS value but that could change after graded like a MS65 is $900 and a MS66 is $2500 so you put $1000 Ins when sending it in raw and now it's a MS66 and lost will they pay MS66 money? how is that right, how do others think about this. I know it will show but it would suck if not.

It should be pretty obvious to you if the coin had a decent MS66 shot. I always insured raw coins for what I would be comfortable getting for it if it were lost. In this case, something between MS65 and MS66 money. Or what would I take this very minute if another dealer wanted the coin as is. I would think they insure the coins coming back for the same value you had on them when they were on their way to them. What if the coin got lost before it got to them? You only get what you insured it for. If you're gonna under-insure one way, don't expect others to change the plan on the way back home. The coin never changed one bit either before or after PCGS. Their grade is an opinion. Send it back again and it might drop back to MS65.

As far as slow. I've had REG packages sit in Jamaica Plains, NY for up 5-6 days.

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is pretty wild. A few months ago I bought a coin from the east coast. The item comes through my home town and just keeps on going all the way to Washington. At that point it comes back and I finally get it.

Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • Options
    drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭✭✭

Call in and up the insurance .

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 29, 2017 5:11PM

Robot error - USPS automation at work.

Ordered a Big Mac from the new robot kiosk and got one with chicken on it instead of beef. LOL.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

You are not 30 minutes from pcgs unless you own a helicopter. ;)

• Options
    DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

It will be there Monday. Just sit tight.

If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • Options
    abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you don't get your package by Tuesday, send me a PM.

• Options

Mark I don't drive like you in the slow lane with my hazards on , I'll go code-4 in the toll lane lights and sirens going. ;)

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭

Perhaps the package is racking up frequent flyer miles.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭

Sorry. I only received my Heritage FUN coins two days ago, and I paid within two hours of receiving my email invoice. The USPS is one screwed up company. These days I get my home mail anytime between 10:30 AM and 6:00 PM. Total incompetence!!! Perhaps the USPS should be replaced by a private company.

I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.
  • Options

Thank you abcde12345. This happen before it will come but will take a bit more time then the norm 24 hr after shipping. Thanks all keep a good head we cant control every thing but we can try I guess.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is indeed quite a circuitous route..... best of luck on receipt... let us know... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

CITY OF INDUSTRY, CA 91715. This location is the kiss of death. Google the sort facility. I had a package stuck there for 2 weeks last year.

• Options
    WmwoodWmwood Posts: 102 ✭✭

@Wabbit2313 said:
    CITY OF INDUSTRY, CA 91715. This location is the kiss of death. Google the sort facility. I had a package stuck there for 2 weeks last year.

I've ordered from a couple of Ebay sellers that shipped from there, They had good feedback but people complained of slow shipping. My orders were reported as shipped and then sitting in that post office within a day. Took like 5 days to move from that Post Office.

There is another one in New Jersey that is equally as bad.

My local Post Office is all aces.

• Options
    clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭✭✭

It'll show up, I have seen many a "wild ride" on USPS tracking history and have yet to not receive a parcel.

MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine showed up a grade lower, or worse than when I first submitted them. Who needs insurance ? :open_mouth:

• Options
    PushkinPushkin Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭

It happens sometimes. Last year I sent a package to Boulder CO. It made it to Denver and then on to Puerto Rico for three or four days, then back to Denver and finally to Boulder (8 days flying around) - USPS Priority Mail w/tracking. Have also had UPS and FedEx packages go back and forth from east coast to west coast and back. Sorry about the frustration, hope yours shows up soon.

• Options

I rec it today and the box was rip all up looked like it was kicked all the way to CHICAGO and back. But they made it and they just tossed it on my porch crazy there was a $20 gold piece in that order no big deal came back cleaned so no big deal but still over $1200 and no sig crazy. :#

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the club of road tripping shipping

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Type2 said:
    Crazy so do I get my shipping fee back if I did not rec them in two days?

That only applies to a pizza delivery......

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file