Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New Dime for my Complete Dimes Complete Varieties Set....

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 29, 2017 10:25AM in U.S. Coin Forum

It's the 1906-D MPD & RPD FS-303. I found this coin in the Great Collections auction. I usually try to find my own but this variety has eluded me for years. So I stepped up and bought it since it is so hard to find and so nice too. There are only 3 of this variety so far...2 VF30's and this AU55. The repunching is easly seen in the 90 and there are many punches in the dentils below the date. You can see the whole set using link in my sigline. Comments welcome.

Comments

• Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice, always nice to add another one.

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 29, 2017 1:58PM

Nice one. Very apparent on the 90.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 29, 2017 2:05PM

Nice coin, very desirable in every aspect, & congrats on chasing down a tough one to find. Been down that road before. B)

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

Congrats, Jon. I have no problem with seeing the RPD,
    but the MPD eludes me.

Nice pick up !

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice acquisition.... very clear... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats Jon, Another Nice addition to a Wonderful Set.......Enjoy Tom

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

It **is **clearly visible in the 9, thanks for sharing your new purchase. :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file