Home Metal Detecting
Options

Yesterday's hunt: Probable William 3rd half penny, couple buttons

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭

Got out yesterday with a buddy. Site was promising, and it didn't disappoint. Started slow, and I got a couple of wheat cents. Then I got a nice flat button with some gold still on it. A few feet over got another flat button - maybe copper? A few minutes later got an 11-39 or 11-40 on the CTX. It was deeper so I had a feeling it would be something good. Pulled out a copper! Could see a little detail, but waited to get home to get it cleaned.

On the way back to the car my buddy got a 1-41 or 1-42 on his CTX. Now that's promising! I watched as he pulled out a flippin' Peace dollar! Needless to say we will be back soon. Very soon.

Got my coin home and I'm fairly certain it's a William III. Date would be 1690s to first decade of the 1700s. Reverse is toast, but at least it can be identified. What a great hunt!

HH all

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow... that area sure shows promise.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

Sounds like a new place for you to keep hunting!

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

OH YEAH!

Keep it beepin', pcgs69! That sure looks like a Billy Three halfpenny to me!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

its all good

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice results, your research paid off I would assume. :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date