Home Metal Detecting

First hunt of 2017: 6 silvers

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭

Finally had a weekend off where I could detect! Had today to go all day. Just so happened low tide was at a good time so I had to check out the Silver Beach.

She's been picked through pretty good, and it was pretty slow all the way around. This place still holds a few goodies though. Was there about 4.5 hours.

Ended with
1940 Merc
1953 Roosevelt dime
1952 Washington Quarter
2 sterling heart pendants that were in the same hole
1 sterling Catholic pendant
1 Buffalo nickel (can see a partial date, but not sure it's readable)
Bunch of wheat cents

Although it did spit out 6 silvers, this beach will have to sit for a while. It's about 50 minute drive each way, and not sure frequent trips there like last year will be beneficial.

HH all!

Comments

• pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a bad start at all B) Are you sure that you shouldn't be calling this the bullet beach. How many bullets have you found there? :o

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Once again, the Silver Beach lives up to the name... Nice finds... Cheers, RickO

• WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

"She's been picked through pretty good", now I wonder who that might have been? :D Nice finds once again, by the way.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

nice haul :)

• ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    edited January 24, 2017 6:54AM

Very nice! Still looks pretty productive to me, but of course we're well aware of your impossibly high standards!

On those sterling heart pendants: could they be front and back of (originally) a single pendant/locket? They look similar in size and shape, and being in the same hole and all.. I admit it's odd that they'd both have the "loop" on top in that case, but thought I'd ask. if they're indeed two separate ones, surely there must be some connection (perhaps worn on the same chain, but originally worn by two separate people, such as sisters). Intriguing.

Where's the gold? ;) I'm hoping to make it a closer race this year (well.. calling last year a race is quite a stretch).
    You'll get a nice head start though. I still have months to go here.

Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro