Home U.S. Coin Forum

The scariest night of Obama's Presidency - One TRILLION dollar coin

2»

Comments

• drfishdrfish Posts: 941 ✭✭✭✭

I am sure that each government agency could find ways to reduce their spending by 10% or so with minimal negative effect on their productivity. Our military spending on equipment even the military says they don't need is out of control (talking to you Congress!). Cut the military equipment budget by 15% and spend an extra 5% on the military personnel's salaries and healthcare. Raise taxes slightly on the middle tax and moderately on the wealthy and every penny of those tax increases go to debt reduction. Unfortunately for that to happen we would need a Congress with some courage and will to do what's best for the country.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:
    Topo baited the hook and the heavy ones bit.

Ya, he was a chumming. There is only one possible outcome of this thread. Bobsled ride to hell

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22, 2017 1:04PM

As per South Park, ...... A troll's intent is to have people respond to the troll and at some point, others will start to troll the responders, which will result in trolls trolling the trolls of the responders and so on.

The original troll sits back and watches while drinking wine and listening to the Boston song "Smokin"

• OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22, 2017 3:43PM

@EagleEye said:
    1) The President does not decide monetary policy, for good reason.
    2) The national debt is only a problem when the interest can't be paid. If we slide into a recession and taxes can't be collected near the targets planned, then you need to worry about the debt.
    3) Congress controls the spending of the country and only Congress can ask for taxes.
    4) The FED is independent and secretive so politicians and corporations cannot bend the decisions their way.

Also, inflation is at record low levels.

1) The President gets to appoint the Fed Chair and the Board of Governors, who decide monetary policy.
    2) The national debt is a problem at any level. Interest payments by taxpayers (or by further borrowing) are a drag on the economy.
    3) Thanks to total control by the two-party system, the President has a big say on tax and spending policy.
    4) The FED is anything but independent, and the secrecy allows corporations such as big banks to have major input into its decisions. "Unaccountable" is a better description.

Also, official inflation figures are bogus. Ask any Social Security recipients if their "cost of living" increases bear any relation to reality.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file