Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Name an eBay seller who doesnt really want to sell...

dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭

There are a few eBay sellers who have some really nice cards for sale but their prices are so high, it seems like they don't really want to sell the cards. One seller that comes to mind is seller named cardregistry. Really nice cards but out of this world pricing on most.

Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"

Comments

• Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭

Levi Bleam has been ridiculed for this in the past. But I haven't seen much stuff from him lately.

• Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

eBay.

• Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is a really nicely centered and nice overall PSA 7 Marichal rookie ive made some offers on. The only problem is the guy is looking to get more than what PSA 8s go for. Really sucks when theres a card you've been looking for, but the seller is asking for way more than it is worth. I was willing to pay a good bit over VCP for PSA 7s, but not $250 over VCP lol.

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

While they are no longer listed they were for quite some time. A guy had a 1970 Dads Cookies Perrault and Orr listed both in PSA 10. He had the Perrault listed for $1k and the Orr for $2k. Problem was that whole sets of them graded in 9/10 sold during that time frame for less then what he was asking for the Perrault. I asked him politely about them and his response was that was his "make me sell it price". I guess if you have a 1/1 or something like it then go for it. But when similar cards are going for $30 it's really a waste of space on eBay's servers to list your card for $1k.

Kevin

• Options
    MrNearMintMrNearMint Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭

Dean's cards!
    Everything he lists for sale is secretly not for sale.

• Options
    Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

@MrNearMint said:
    Dean's cards!
    Everything he lists for sale is secretly not for sale.

This! I think he sometimes lists mint raw cards higher than a PSA 10 of the same card he is also selling just for kicks.

• Options
    TheMickTheMick Posts: 217 ✭✭✭

A ton of stuff out there is overpriced. One of my favorite cards is the 1983 Topps Sandberg RC PSA 10. It goes for about $400+. Look on Ebay and you will see that Krukcards has a "buy it now" on one for $699. Probstein is running an auction on one that will probably sell in the $400-$450 range.

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

Deans takes the cake, maybe Mike Deniro 2nd place?

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess I'll add the low-hanging fruit: 707

• Options

707 for sure...and I felt that even in person at the last several National shows!

Seller ALFLAIR on eBay. for many vintage PSA and raw card sales. PSA Set Registry OldEnglishD with various sets including 71 Fleer Globetrotters, 71 Topps Football, and 64 Topps Standups. Also under FarFars (various sets) on the registry.
  • Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    edited January 12, 2017 9:57AM

4SC sometimes on low pop commons and stars for certain sets, though to be fair, they do start slowly dropping the price once the card sits for awhile. It stinks though to have to wait quite awhile to have the card your interested in get to a decent price point. It is what it is.

Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options
    jsanzjsanz Posts: 250 ✭✭

How do the full time dealers stay in business for so long if their prices are too high? Somebody has to be buying. It doesn't make sense to me.

Love those 70's - early 80's packs and boxes...send me a message if you are selling because I am buying
  • Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

@jsanz said:
    How do the full time dealers stay in business for so long if their prices are too high? Somebody has to be buying. It doesn't make sense to me.

I've wondered the same thing for a long time.

Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

@jsanz said:

This thread could really be titled "Ebay sellers that have really high prices on some cards".

I checked one of the sellers mentioned, and he had sold 200+ items in the past 24 hours.

• Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

It starts and ends with vintagesnowmobiles. He lists cards at 4X recent sale prices then discounts them for a whopping 5% off.

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not everyone discounts after the first listing. Here are some details ebay emailed me with on two items I was watching (I deleted all the item specific stuff and just pasted the part here that still surprises me with these messages):

_Items you've been watching have been relisted

Everyone deserves a second chance!

NOW: $149.00
    Was: $75.00

NOW: $149.00
    Was: $75.00_

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

My other favorite category is the seller(s) that list EVERY card as CENTERED, HIGH END, Or ++++. 70% of the time you shake your head and think wth?

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

Sports-cards-forever is making a STRONG run at #1 on their 1952 topps. Psa 6 campos NON error for 20k..

• Options
    TomiTomi Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

BMW Sportscards. 1963 Topps Pete Rose RC SGC 96 Mint for $195,000.

• Options
    seablasterseablaster Posts: 188 ✭✭✭

yepbg

• Options
    purduepetepurduepete Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

@seablaster said:
    yepbg

+1

Tom

Collecting: Topps 1952-79, Bowman 1952-55, OPC 1965-71, and Pre-War White Sox cards
  • Options
    taul166taul166 Posts: 45 ✭✭

Hi, I know what I am dealing with when I buy from 707. Prices are higher. They are collectors as much as dealers. They probably are just fine showing their fine inventory as selling. They will knock off a few dollars (not a whole lot) from their list price. Their customer service and delivery time are superb.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12, 2017 7:49PM

Going back years ago 707 was always unreasonable with their prices and I used to bring it up here often and they always were defended by a lot of posters here which baffled me. I been back on the scene and on ebay quite a bit and there are a lot of auctions that I see that have been listed for a very long time, I think some sellers put a ridiculous price tag on an item because they really don't care if it sells or not. Motivated sellers will list a high end or hard to find item with their bottom line as a starting point in their auctions in my opinion.

• Options
    purduepetepurduepete Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

darby-s is another seller that can be added to the list too...

Tom

Collecting: Topps 1952-79, Bowman 1952-55, OPC 1965-71, and Pre-War White Sox cards
  • Options
    prgsdwprgsdw Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 15, 2017 9:29AM

Cardregistry. He saved me $450 on my Randy White rookie that I later bought from PWCC by rejecting my offer. It wasn't so much that he rejected it. It was that he was seriously rude about it saying I wasn't making a serious offer (ridiculous since I offered him $450 MORE than I paid for the same item from PWCC later) and when I didn't reply to his counter offer within an HOUR he told me not to bid on any of his auctions asking "do I waste your time?".

Life is short, no time to deal with people that act like that. Right now that same White is up for auction ending in 12 hours and he's currently at about $1500 under my offer. He bought it from PWCC for $4 more than i paid for mine. I'd have thought $200 profit after eBay fees would be acceptable for a couple week holding period. He disagreed. Curious to see if he even gets his money back now after holding for almost a year...

• Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

kentuckysportszone - lists cards with Best Offer option and then states $3500 Asking Price is the lowest price. Identical Card last sold on PWCC for $618. Nothing personal, but a solid EBAY waste of time.

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:
    kentuckysportszone - lists cards with Best Offer option and then states $3500 Asking Price is the lowest price. Identical Card last sold on PWCC for $618. Nothing personal, but a solid EBAY waste of time.

This seems to possibly be against ebay policy. Can you link to one of these--on quick look I didn't see any.

• Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭

Know its not big money, but there is a card I wanted, guy had it listed for $19.99 or BO, recent sales had been in the $4 range, but since I wanted it and it was the only one listed, offered $8 (which usually I dont do because I ignore offers of less than 50% myself), but figured maybe he didnt realize the price had gone done. He countered with $12,99, I ended up getting one that was listed at auction a week later for $1,29

Some sellers are also collectors unfortunately. They would rather keep it than sell it at the "going rate". Im ok with it, just hate when they give you an attitude message because you turned down their offer

IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

secretstash - its a Manning Auto Rookie card listed for $3500. I made 3 offers that were auto declined. I then sent a message asking what the bottom dollar was and the reply was $3500. I then replied back suggesting he might want to remove Make Offer as an option because it wastes peoples time. He then replied back NO. "Whatever" his loss I buy a lot through EBAY, PWCC, Heritage etc. In hindsight I am glad he did not accept my highest offer as I went too high.

• Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭

BMW

• Options
    prgsdwprgsdw Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭

@FavreFan1971 said:
    BMW

I contacted them about a card that was a PSA 9, 1966 Philadelphia Gum item. I offered $25 over VCP average in my first offer, which was ~$250 less than the BIN. I got an offer back for ~$100 less than the BIN with the message that "they thought it would be a PSA 10 on resubmission". What the heck, it's a PSA 9 label, so I replied I can only offer a price based on what I know and that is that it's a PSA 9.

• Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭

@FavreFan1971 said:
    BMW

Yes the 200k there asking for the 63 Rose RC 96 is the most ridiculous listing on eBay.

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

I contacted them about a card that was a PSA 9, 1966 Philadelphia Gum item. I offered $25 over VCP average in my first offer, which was ~$250 less than the BIN. I got an offer back for ~$100 less than the BIN with the message that "they thought it would be a PSA 10 on resubmission". What the heck, it's a PSA 9 label, so I replied I can only offer a price based on what I know and that is that it's a PSA 9.

I see many cards advertised that they could easily get a higher grade if reviewed. My question is then why didn't you send it in again and make the financial gain?

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    bammerbbbammerbb Posts: 162 ✭✭✭

You know, I've seen some of these dealers (and others) who have prices so high. So what I do is wait until a normal seller comes on with a fair price I buy it. I don't need to take the time with the idiots that there card is God's gift to collectors. Also I think these same dealer will not resubmit for the 10. They want people like us to do it and then buy it from the collector's for half/book.

• Options
    msassinmsassin Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭

@mlbfan2 said:

@jsanz said:

This thread could really be titled "Ebay sellers that have really high prices on some cards".

I checked one of the sellers mentioned, and he had sold 200+ items in the past 24 hours.

I agree...many of the sellers listed in this thread sell hundreds of thousands of dollars of product a year on eBay.