Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Mike Casper Collection: His 1880-s

Mike Casper, a longtime dealer, amassed one of the finest Morgan dollar collections. It consisted mostly of untoned very high grade specimens of all or most dates. A few of the dates were toned, including this 1880-s which I acquired directly from him about 10 years ago. I think he called it "Root beer head" or something to that effect. Mike seemed like an interesting character. Anybody know much about Mike or have any of his pedigreed coins to show?

Comments

  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I got acquainted with Mike in the 1990's, when he invited me in to his home in Central N.Y. during a transaction. He is a man of many talents. He was a police officer, a high level market maker of meteorites, a restauranteur, a hotelier and is currently an organic farmer. He also has built a high level collection of Colonial/Continental Currency, and was actively involved in the market for high grade certified postage stamps.

    "Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.american-legacy-coins.com

  • Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Wow, I thought I stayed busy. :*

  • Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,633 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Clean cheek!

    email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

    100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,702 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Didn't he also sell coin flips in the Dave Hall Numismatic Investment style??

    I seem to recall buying 1 or 2 but can't find the photo.

    Gone but not forgotten: IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Ricko, Big Moose, Cardinal, CoinsAreFun.
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 24,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

    That's a beauty!

  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

    He sounds like an extremely interesting individual.... what an amazing background. Cheers, RickO

  • Options
    KccoinKccoin Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Nice coin. Pretty neat that you were able to acquire from THE guy on the label.

  • Options
    AMRCAMRC Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭✭✭

    It's a looker!

    MLAeBayNumismatics: "The greatest hobby in the world!"
  • This content has been removed.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file