Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Just got 20 pounds of old baseball cards. Anyone know of a good place to sell them?

ATF CoinsATF Coins Posts: 107 ✭✭

I collected baseball cards as a kid and just brought home my old collection, which weighs about 20 pounds. Collection contains mostly cards from '86-'93, although there are some older and newer. There is a Ruben Sierra autographed card, and many hall of famers like Nolan Ryan, Griffey, McGwire, Reggie Jackson, Ripken, Bonds, Sanberg, Rod Carew, Carlton Fisk, Rollie Fingers, Yount, Mike Schmidt, Ferguson Jenkins, Mattingly, Sosa, and many others. Many different companies including Topps, Topps Stadium Club, O-Pee-Chee, Donruss, Leaf, Pinnacle, Score, Studio, Upper Deck, Fleer, Fleer Ultra, Score Select, Triple Play, Bowman, and others. There is even a small stack of Looney Tunes baseball cards and also of Upper Deck basketball cards including Magic Johnson, Jordan, Barkley, and Bird. There is one major error card I know of also. I think there is also a full set of hologram team stickers from Upper deck and a complete 1991 Score set.Lots of good Rookies. Also an unopened Donruss pack from '86. I don't know what to do with these cards, as there are so many of them. Does anyone know of a good place to sell them? I collect coins now and would like to swap if anyone is interested. Thanks for any help.

After the Flood Coins - Specializing in rainbow toned coins of all denominations. Formerly Chameleon Coins.

Successful deals with greencopper, Al21, AUandAG, wondercoin, KellenCoin, and you next.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably won't be worth the amount to ship them

• Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry to tell you this but '86-'93 is not old. Best of luck with your 20 pounds.

• Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

What kind of O-Pee-Chee?

Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭✭

Your 20 lbs of cards will be a lot of fun to go through and see if you can find your favorite players/teams/inserts and so on...just don't expect it to make your next few rents/mortgage payments. Sorry.

WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭

Honestly, with few exceptions, cards from the time frame you are listing are worth about 5% of what they were worth 20 years ago and about 10 times more difficult to sell. These are nice lots to sell at yard sales for may be $25 or so, but unless there are some Upper Deck Griffey rookies from 1989, there isnt much else there. For instance, a 1991 Upper Deck basketball set can be had for $5, sometimes less, a 1991 score baseball, while big is less than $10 for the whole set.

IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

When I rediscovered my 20 lbs (more like 50 lbs) of cards from the same time period I went through and pulled the hall of famers and separated them out in 100 count plastic cases and put them away in large plastic containers. (Not sure why other than the nostalgia factor). The rest I donated at Goodwill.

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭

The best way to sell these is to have every card graded. Good luck.

Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭✭

LOL. You should sell them at a garage sale (you don't want to pay to ship these anywhere) -- maybe a stack of 100 for a buck or fifty cents and see if someone bites? Then drop off the rest at a goodwill.

• Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭

I hear "the crisser" may be interested.

• Options
    ATF CoinsATF Coins Posts: 107 ✭✭

Thanks for all the feedback. I may pull all the older stuff and try to list it. I got 1 or 2 from the '60's and '70's and a few good players from the very early '80's. The autographed Ruben Sierra may be worth a few bucks.

After the Flood Coins - Specializing in rainbow toned coins of all denominations. Formerly Chameleon Coins.

Successful deals with greencopper, Al21, AUandAG, wondercoin, KellenCoin, and you next.
  • Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭

Would you be interested in trading for 40 pounds of old baseball cards?

• Options

Best bet is to donate to goodwill or a children's hospital and take the tax deduction. Good luck

Lets Go Packers!

PackerJohn