Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Coin Challenge Question ... Do You Know Your Proof Sets?

wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 30, 2016 11:35PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Let's see which Numismatist out there is "fastest on the draw".

Name the only U.S. Proof Set to bear three different dates of coins within the Proof Set and state the three dates of the coins in that proof set.

First one to answer correctly (with the proof set date I am thinking of), I'll send out a coin from that proof set (or, if the winner is OK with it, instead of mailing the winner a coin, I will give away two coins from that year proof set to the two different kids I run into this holiday weekend in town).

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.

Comments

• Options
    MrScienceMrScience Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

1975 set: the dates are 1776, 1975, 1976....

• Options

We done MrScience! Send me a PM letting me know if you would like a coin from the set or whether you would like me to give away two coins from that year set instead. :)

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭

I came in 2nd place :'(

• Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 1999 proof set also has three dates (1787,1788,1999) and probably every other State Quarter proof set has at least three dates.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options

Overdate. That's just modern crap and doesn't count! ;).

Wondercoin.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow... the nightowls nailed this one quickly.... Six minutes from edit to answer.... @MrScience .. Well done... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

@wondercoin said:
    Overdate. That's just modern crap and doesn't count! ;).

Wondercoin.

Of course! I forgot that 1975 occurred during the classic coin era, 1792-1976.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file