Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Found two coins that eluded me...

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,930 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 29, 2016 12:47PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Hi guy's, I must admit these two coins aren't coins that are rare or expensive but to me, in the way I've found them, are rare! Finally!!! I found a Silver Washington Quarter (1950d) in a CoinStar Machine. Usually, if Silver, it's usually an Roosevelt Dime, never anything more valuable. Then, I decided to visit one of my banks to seek for Kennedy halves. Low and behold, I found a 40% 1966 Kenn. Wow! Both coins on the same day too. Sorry for acting so excited but for me this hasn't happened in over two years. Esp. the Silver Quarter. Nice way to end the year. Like I said, nothing really huge but to me it peeked my interest. "Big things come in small packages"-joey

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is just one of the great benefits to our hobby- the idea that a small little thing can really charge a person up.
    And there is nothing wrong about being enthusiastic about your finds.
    It's the little things that make a big difference sometimes.
    Several months ago I found a really nice Lincoln Cent cud in the give a penny tray.
    I was fortunate-the Coin God tapped me on thr shoulder and suggested that I take a look at it.
    It was a really big cud, and I had never found one in the wild. Ever.
    It made my day, even though 95/100 people would think I was more than a little goofy.

• Options

@mannie gray said:
    That is just one of the great benefits to our hobby- the idea that a small little thing can really charge a person up.
    And there is nothing wrong about being enthusiastic about your finds.
    It's the little things that make a big difference sometimes.
    Several months ago I found a really nice Lincoln Cent cud in the give a penny tray.
    I was fortunate-the Coin God tapped me on thr shoulder and suggested that I take a look at it.
    It was a really big cud, and I had never found one in the wild. Ever.
    It made my day, even though 95/100 people would think I was more than a little goofy.

Thanks

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,937 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any day that silver is found is a GREAT one!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm glad you had a great day :star:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    Jackthecat1Jackthecat1 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

Finding silver in the wild is always fun. Nice to turn 75 cents into over $5.

Member ANS, ANA, GSNA, TNC

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great... I have not found a silver quarter in years....Dimes, yes.... and having searched hundreds of dollars of rolled halves, still no silver half.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    edited December 29, 2016 8:43AM

@Jackthecat1 said:
    Finding silver in the wild is always fun. Nice to turn 75 cents into over $5.

Yes! This is the whole reason for my excitement, a profit. What a great achievement from , like you said, from 75C.-$5.00. I'm not good at math but I do know that's well over 60%-70%. Or is that over 100%? See, I told you I'm not a professor in math. Thanks for the encouragement guy's.

• Options

@ricko said:
    Great... I have not found a silver quarter in years....Dimes, yes.... and having searched hundreds of dollars of rolled halves, still no silver half.... Cheers, RickO

Yeah, Ricko, It took me about two years as well. Thanks

• Options
    ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:
    Yes! This is the whole reason for my excitement, a profit. What a great achievement from , like you said, from 75C.-$5.00. I'm not good at math but I do know that's well over 60%-70%. Thanks for the encouragement guy's.

To be precise it would be a 667% return. ;)

• Options

@ModCrewman said:

@joeykoins said:
    Yes! This is the whole reason for my excitement, a profit. What a great achievement from , like you said, from 75C.-$5.00. I'm not good at math but I do know that's well over 60%-70%. Thanks for the encouragement guy's.

To be precise it would be a 667% return. ;)

Whoa! See, I told you I'm not good at math.LOL

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

Finding silver in the wild is always fun!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file