Home U.S. Coin Forum

Newp White Morgan pending Ricko's approval

ashelandasheland Posts: 23,129 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got my second Doily ever and the Morgan inside is quite nice for the grade.

Comments

• Wow, that reverse is awesome.

• DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

Crack it out for regrade obv..........

If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't be surprised to see that in a 65 holder.

Dead people tell interesting tales.
  • dsessomdsessom Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a 63 only because of the obverse cheek chatter and neck rub. The reverse is every bit 65 though!

Dwayne Sessom
  • DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice addition . . .and I see it in the Census Thread.

Out of curiosity, with fewer and fewer Doilies showing up, I think it is interesting to know where they are now being found. Large or small shows? B&M shops? Some other random source?

I do quite a bit of searching 'in the wild' and am finding almost nothing out there. I used to (up to 2014) be able to get two or three at a large Long-Beach type show, but nothing at all in the last several years. I have a few connections that still can provide some better Type pieces, but they also are drying up.

When one shows up now . . . . what is its history???

Drunner

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

RICKO APPROVED!!!! :D Definitely a nice Morgan...and that reverse is impressive. Cheek chatter is the only thing holding it back..... Cheers, RickO

• TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭

That would be a great coin if it had rainbow toning :p

@TopographicOceans.... :s ..... ;) Cheers, RickO

• OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

That would be an even BETTER coin if it was MINE!

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, quite nice indeed. :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty coin! That holder has been well kept as well....

AB

• Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭

85-O is a better year for New Orleans struck coins.

• ashelandasheland Posts: 23,129 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DRUNNER said:
    Very nice addition . . .and I see it in the Census Thread.

Out of curiosity, with fewer and fewer Doilies showing up, I think it is interesting to know where they are now being found. Large or small shows? B&M shops? Some other random source?

I do quite a bit of searching 'in the wild' and am finding almost nothing out there. I used to (up to 2014) be able to get two or three at a large Long-Beach type show, but nothing at all in the last several years. I have a few connections that still can provide some better Type pieces, but they also are drying up.

When one shows up now . . . . what is its history???

Drunner

I am happy to provide what I know. This one is indeed fresh to the market, although I'm putting it away long term now
    A friend of mine who works in a B&M got it directly from the shop owner. He said it came from an old collection that his shop bought. He said it was accompanied by rattlers and it appears that this entire collection likely dates to the early 1990's. Likely it has been in a safe deposit box since it was new. (the holder is mint)

He got two of these (the other is a 79-S) I encouraged him to register it to the Doily registry.

Thanks everybody for the kind words! :)

This is my other Doily, (It's already in the census) I got it about a year ago and it too came from an old estate.
    It also came into a B&M and was estate fresh. It was with the other Doily-like holder with the green label and a few rattlers. I got it fresh from this old collection. :)

Nice Franklin... I trust the reverse is equally as clean.... No FBL? Cheers, RickO

Thanks! Indeed it's super clean, but no bell lines.

@ricko said:
    Nice Franklin... I trust the reverse is equally as clean.... No FBL? Cheers, RickO

Yep... very nice..... cannot tell FBL from the pictures though...Cheers, RickO

Thanks. :)
    Unfortunately no bell lines, weak strike. But the luster is exceptional!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file