Home Metal Detecting
Options

2016 Year-End Totals

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 25, 2016 11:27AM in Metal Detecting

As PPC is mentioning to take your batteries out, I'm probably done for the year too. Small chance at hitting the silver beach in a few days, but no promises. Taking this time off to get a summary together of 2016. Less hunts than I was hoping for, but did get to detect in England, and also the hunts I had were pretty productive. Here's to hoping 2017 is a better year!

Not too many old coins here in the U.S.

Number of hunts: 48
(England counted as one hunt, and I didn't add up any of the coppers from there in these totals)

Silver coins: 122
Gold 17
Slv Jewelry 41

Colonial 2
Large Cents 3
Flying Eagle 1
IHC 14
Wheats 277
V Nickel 4
Buffalos 58
WTNs 15
Barber Dimes 3
Mercs 51
Slv Roosevelts 25
Slv Canada Dimes 1
Slv Wash Qtr 19
Slv Walking Liberty Half Dollars 2
Silver coins in England: 6

Cents....$7.89
Nickels...$12.65
Dimes...$23.70
Quarters $31.75
Misc......$2.21
Total.....$78.20

Coins...1,414

Comments

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would say that you had one heck of a year. 17 golds!!!!! I can't say if I've found that many in 20 years.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Outstanding totals.... everything from colonials to moderns to jewelry... gold and silver... Great year pcgs69... Congratulations, Cheers, RickO

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great haul!
    Part of the allure of metal detecting for me is the unknown story of loss. To whom did these pieces belong? What was happening to them on the day they went missing? We will never know, but it is fodder for the imagination.
    I especially like the little metal soldier and the silver crosses.
    Thanks for sharing

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

In years past, I once read from what, at the time, I judged a good source... that there was likely as many lost coins in the ground as there were in commerce. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great year!

• Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

Outstanding year! And what a great mix of items you found. What is the item in pic #6? Looks like a short pen or pointer of some sort.

• Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    In years past, I once read from what, at the time, I judged a good source... that there was likely as many lost coins in the ground as there were in commerce. Cheers, RickO

If it wern't for people like ppc we would be knee deep in coins.