Home Precious Metals
Options

Silver storage question

I am starting to build a collection of ASE's and buffalo rounds. I assume it would be ok to store the buffalo's in a tube, but what about ASE'S?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

20 coin ASE US mint tube, available on ebay. If you can get a deal with quantity, you can resell the extras

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you are just stacking, no problem....if you want to slab them for grade... do not stack. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tubes are what I use.

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

Buy them sealed from the Mint in tubes. 20 each and don't have to worry about storage issues. They come in their own tube. You'll be happy that you saved until you could buy a whole tube when the time comes to sell.
    bob

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree on the whole tube. The sealed unopened tubes of 20 sell quickly since people feel safe.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AUandAG said:
    Buy them sealed from the Mint in tubes. 20 each and don't have to worry about storage issues. They come in their own tube. You'll be happy that you saved until you could buy a whole tube when the time comes to sell.
    bob

AFAIK the mint doesn't seal the tubes. You can however buy a monster box which is sealed OR trust smoeone like APMEX who sells sealed tubes [they seal em] as mint direct.

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the correction, I have some sealed and some not sealed, wondered why and now I know.

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mint doesn't seal the tubes, they only seal the boxes of 25 tubes.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt