Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

So who has the 2016 Gold WLH in SP60?

2ltdjorn2ltdjorn Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭
WTB... errors, New Orleans gold, and circulated 20th key date coins!

Comments

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 16, 2016 2:00PM

I guess that it would have to be an unopened box submission? I am certain that anyone who seen THAT would NOT of sent it in for grading. It was probably the one that was drop-kicked across the room. Must be a really baggy coin. I would like to have seen the seen the reaction of the recipient when they got the "news".

There she is all by herself... http://www.pcgscoinfacts.com/Coin/Detail/598606

...still no TrueView. What would be the opposite of Top Pop, while still maintaining UNC status?

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems FedEx fine, probably landed in a bush or on a dog.
    I want that SP60!
    PM me!

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder if that's a mechanical error.

If not, it likely didn't get to 60 from wear. It must be beaten up and ugly as heck.
    Lance.

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like those qualities in Modern coins, Lance.

Not so much in my dates.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    MesquiteMesquite Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭

A real condition rarity. Several years ago I submitted the the First Flight series. All came back as MS/PR 69 except the $10 gold which was graded MS 63. Go figure.

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
    –John Adams, 1826
  • Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would agree with the Mechanical Error theory. It is probably a 70 in a 60 Holder. I always wondered about the statistical out layers in the modern pop reports,

• Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 16, 2016 5:37PM

Yikes.

I bet it's not an error. I was the "lucky" recipient of an MS65 grade on my supposedly "unopened" OGP 2009 UHR double eagle. It was in horrific shape and I was too dumb at the time to know better. That experience was the impetus for joining the forum and my first thread here.

• Options
    CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not seeing one in the 60 column. Maybe it was an error and PCGS removed it from the census?

The more you VAM..
  • Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

I can see one 60 and one 68

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow.... what a shock that would be.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sent my MS68's (pre-grading) back for a refund! :lol:

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    DancingFireDancingFire Posts: 311 ✭✭✭

Worth more than the 70s

• Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great idea.

I'm sure when the searcher finds the coin they'll sell it on Ebay at a SP64 price and state... "we do not always agree with the third party grading companies and we think it grades much higher".

"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭✭✭

The link picture says 70 and the mintage is 3,900,600.

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd like to see this 60 coin!

• Options

crickets?

• Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 13, 2019 12:08AM

X - please disregard

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2ltdjorn said:
    crickets?

After 3 years? :D

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,062 ✭✭✭✭✭

My guess is that it was an error in the database and that the coin is UNC details with some sort of damage from packaging at the Mint.

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,911 ✭✭✭✭✭

This would be a treasure for a low ball set. I wonder if there's a TrueView and if it's on CoinFacts?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file