Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

CoinStar

Scored 90 cents (9 dimes) but no silver. The machine just rejected regular (clad) coins

Comments

• Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yesterday's grocery store visit netted two corroded post 1982 cent, a clad dime and a 1946 dime.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

90 cents towards the grocery bill. theres nothing wrong with that.

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

My recent Coinstar finds have been poor. Three corroded Lincoln Memorial cents has been all I have found in the past few weeks. Two of the three weren't really that bad while the third was in sad shape. The Coinstar machines seem to be picky when it comes to corroded or dirty coins.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,895 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    I posted this in the MD forum this week...
    "A dime in the Coinstar yesterday.... my wife scolded me, said I should leave it for kids to find.... I told her "It may be a silver dime... or other coin like an IHC." She just shook her head..... :D Cheers, RickO"

Did you tell her that " a kid did find it!"LOL

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

great hobby.... scrounging for money in machines. You can make a lot more panhandling on the street corner in my town.

• Options
    COINS MAKE CENTSCOINS MAKE CENTS Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

I found 2 dimes and 2 cents today. Yay! Just clad but hey 22 cents

New inventory added daily at Coins Make Cents
    HAPPY COLLECTING

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

Every time I go down to check the nearest machine, at the Grocery store, I end up spending a heck of a lot more than I find.....usually bakery goods which I don't get at home and I should never eat......but that's for another day...

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

I picked up a quarter yesterday....not sure why it was rejected, just a clad quarter in decent shape. Not too exciting but made the trip to the grocery store a bit more fun!

K

ANA LM
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

OK...major haul at the coinstar yesterday..... six quarters, seven dimes and four cents..... no silver or wheaties.... just a big pile of coins.....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 11, 2016 10:15AM

I scored twice at Walmart last night.

First I watched as a scruffy dirty middle aged guy emptied a couple zip lock bags. Then, the eager excitement as I watch him take his slip and walk away w/o so much as a glance toward the reject slot. My eyes bulged as I saw the chute about as full as I have yet seen it! ... but alas, just $1.19 of crap and a Canada dime.

Then a bit later I spied an elderly woman just finishing up, and, again, oblivious to the reject chute. (Two in a row is pretty good, because from what I have observed, most_folks do check.) She must have put in only a small quantity as there was only one coin reject, but one of, if not _the oldest I have retrieved!

• Options
    georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭

And here is a small haul from a couple weeks ago... again, no silver.

Say, Ricman, why not change your thread title to "THE OFFICIAL COINSTAR THREAD" and we could have one main thread everyone can post their finds to?

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,895 ✭✭✭✭✭

@georgiacop50 said:

Say, Ricman, why not change your thread title to "THE OFFICIAL COINSTAR THREAD" and we could have one main thread everyone can post their finds to?

@georgiacop50 said:

@georgiacop50 said:

@georgiacop50 said:

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    ricmanricman Posts: 313 ✭✭✭

@georgiacop50: I believe someone has already done as per your selection

• Options
    Coin_nut1977Coin_nut1977 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 25, 2020 3:11PM

@ricko said:
    I posted this in the MD forum this week...
    "A dime in the Coinstar yesterday.... my wife scolded me, said I should leave it for kids to find.... I told her "It may be a silver dime... or other coin like an IHC." She just shook her head..... :D Cheers, RickO"

My wife asked me what i was doing when i checked the reject bin. Looking for coins, I said. She also shook her head also.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file