Home U.S. Coin Forum

Score at the Bank today

bestdaybestday Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭

Cashing a check at the Chase bank, noticed teller had half dollars in his coin rack... Asked if their were available for change.. he cheerful said yes ..LOL.. 10 Kennedy halves ...2 - 1964 ....2 -1965.. 1- 1969 ,.. 1 -1976 Bicentennial -AU ...1 -Unc 1993 ..1- Unc 1997..... 1- 1971 XF.. 1- 1973 XF ..

Comments

• keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice, congrats!

"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

You have to ask. :smile:
    Nice job :+1:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

nice pick ups

• stevebensteveben Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

nice

• BustCudsBustCuds Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭

Nice, good timing.

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, timing is everything in those situations. Also I am amazed that usually there is no one that works at the bank to scoop up items such as these before we see them.

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 7, 2016 9:18PM

Congrats. When taking that frequent glance into the tellers tray, then spot silver as you did. Isn't that a sight for sore eyes?

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • goldengolden Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice.

• PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are fun scores- congrats! You going back to see if they have anymore halves? They might have some rolls in the vault that could yield a few more surprises.

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice score due the eagle eyes. Stay observant.

• bestdaybestday Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭

CoinStar has dried out for me last couple of months ,so It was a nice surprise this morning at Chase

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I picked up two rolls of halves last week and..... (drum roll) ... not a single silver... not even a 40%'r....that has been my luck for years and years....Cheers, RickO

• DCWDCW Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

Difficult for me to wrap my head around the willful ignorance of the vast majority of the population to recognize pre-1965 coins as silver. And to work in a bank and show no interest in coins?!
    I'd be in the vault with a loupe all the livelong day!
    Congrats

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

@DCW said:
    Difficult for me to wrap my head around the willful ignorance of the vast majority of the population to recognize pre-1965 coins as silver. And to work in a bank and show no interest in coins?!
    Congrats

Totally agree! Yep, If I did work in the bank, I'm quite sure they would fire me for constantly being in the vault and constantly being seen using my Loupe. I know I wouldn't last a week!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

Silver for FV is a good thing, good for you.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DCW said:
    Congrats

Be thankful for these small bits of ignorance given to the masses by the coin gods. Just means more silver finds for us coin collecting devotees.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

It always seems so strange to us as collectors, how people (such as bank employees) cannot be interested in coins. I always found it strange how people could collect beanie babies.... :D:D Cheers, RickO

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great score!

@ricko said:
    It always seems so strange to us as collectors, how people (such as bank employees) cannot be interested in coins. I always found it strange how people could collect beanie babies.... :D:D Cheers, RickO

What is one man's garbage (Silver coins) are another man's treasure. (profit)

• COINS MAKE CENTSCOINS MAKE CENTS Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

My mother worked at a bank for years on average 2 times a month she would bring home some kind of silver. When I moved out she would keep it all year and give it to me for Christmas haha

New inventory added daily at Coins Make Cents
    HAPPY COLLECTING

@COINS MAKE CENTS said:
    My mother worked at a bank for years on average 2 times a month she would bring home some kind of silver. When I moved out she would keep it all year and give it to me for Christmas haha

Your mother is a smart woman!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file